Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Open All Games

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 jamesharden

jamesharden

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:02 AM

I Can't Open My Games Such As , Amnesia, Bully,Tombraider And Many More.

When i Open It Says   '''The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.'''

Before i used Window 7 Professional 32 Bit But Now i Format My Pc And Change To Window 7 Professional 64 Bit.

So The Problem is i cant run my games from 32bit on my 64 bit.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

Try running them in compatibility mode.

Right click on the game, then click on Properties.

Click on the Compatibility tab, place a check mark in the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for:

Click on the down arrow and select the version this program was written for.

Click on Apply, then OK

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

Try running them in compatibility mode.

Right click on the game, then click on Properties.

Click on the Compatibility tab, place a check mark in the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for:

Click on the down arrow and select the version this program was written for.

Click on Apply, then OK

It won't solve 32/64-Bit problem if I'm right.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

The following is from the Windows website for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows:  Frequently asked questions.

Can I run 32-bit programs on a 64-bit computer?

Most programs designed for the 32-bit version of Windows will work on the 64-bit version of Windows. Notable exceptions are many antivirus programs.

Device drivers designed for 32-bit versions of Windows won't work on computers running a 64-bit version of Windows. If you're trying to install a printer or other device that only has 32-bit drivers available, it won't work correctly on a 64-bit version of Windows. If you are unsure whether there is a 64-bit driver available for your device, go online to theWindows Vista Compatibility Center.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,547 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

I am running 64 bit Win 7 Home Premium and a number of simulators running in age from CFS 1 to Train Simulator 2013 and they all work on the 64 bit OS without problem. Come to that, the version of WinMines that I lifted out of a 32 bit copy of XP works on my system (it's sad, but I don't like the Win 7 version !).

Could it be that you need 64 bit drivers for your audio and video ?  The only game I have completely failed to get to run on Win 7 64 bit is a glider simulator called Sails of Silver, and that is a known problem with a DX9 .dll . I would suggest that you check your video and audio drivers, and then try re-installing the games.

Chris Cosgrove

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

Chris, it looks like this is a compatibility issue.  There are no indications that there is any other issue, so far.

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

The OP has other topics posted now in Am I Infected.....

How To Remove Project1.exe Virus ? - Am I infected? What do I do?

ILOVEYOU virus - Am I infected? What do I do?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#8 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

The following is from the Windows website for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows:  Frequently asked questions.

Can I run 32-bit programs on a 64-bit computer?

Most programs designed for the 32-bit version of Windows will work on the 64-bit version of Windows. Notable exceptions are many antivirus programs.

Device drivers designed for 32-bit versions of Windows won't work on computers running a 64-bit version of Windows. If you're trying to install a printer or other device that only has 32-bit drivers available, it won't work correctly on a 64-bit version of Windows. If you are unsure whether there is a 64-bit driver available for your device, go online to theWindows Vista Compatibility Center.

Doesn't games require device drivers?

Edited by Jesus H. Christ, 01 September 2013 - 08:06 AM.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

The quotation in post number 4 addresses this question.  

If you're trying to install a printer or other device that only has 32-bit drivers available, it won't work correctly on a 64-bit version of Windows.

The drivers mentioned are for hardware, like a printer as stated in the quotation.

If you have any further questions regarding 32-bit vs 64-bit operating system I would suggest opening topic in the All Other Applications forum so as to not highjack this topic.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

OP has open malware topic at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506334/iloveyou-virus/#entry3145290 , whcih should be pursued.

This topic is closed to avoid more confusion than currently exists.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users