Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 System Restore Failure

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rosiegirl

rosiegirl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:13 PM

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and would appreciate some help with this issue.  I tried to do a system restore and found I don't have many options of dates (I keep forgetting to make my own restore points).  I tried the only 3 restore points I could, but each time the pc came up with error.  The first error referred to cannot restore due to 0x80070005, then in safe mode the error came up as 0xc0000022.  I have seen a post somewhere (I think it may have been in this forum) that suggests removing the windows update KB2659262.  I have Bitdefender security which I have been told sometimes goes deep into the registry and could be a problem, so I turned it off and that didn't make a difference.  It has been suggested that I uninstal it to try again.  Not sure if I should try the removal of KB2659262 and/or remove Bitdefender, and see if it works, or my issue may be slightly different and the removal of the windows update may just cause more problems. Look forward to any ideas.  Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

Hi, and welcome to BC !

This is going to be a bit vague, but there are at least two Microsoft help articles on this failure :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968003

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/windows-update-error-0x80070005-need-a-fix-click/e4cb8700-f215-4f1a-8bd4-6457ac619c19

If either of these articles help solve your problem, great. If they don't, post back with the details of your computer - make, model, OS and if it is a self-build then the main components and the OS - and some brief explanation of why you were wanting to do a restore.

If the computer refuses to boot, there are other things to try as well.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users