i have had a stange problem commence a few days ago, I have checked numerous threads on this forum which address inet dropouts but still cannot work out why it is occurring.
Hardware as follows:
Pentium 4 3GHz
TP-Link TL-WN751ND wireless (firmware v1.1)
XP Pro SP3
I am running of ONLY one router.
For some unknown reason a few days ago my inet connection dropped out. After trying all the basic attempts to fix it, I found the only way to reconnect was to create a BRIDGE in Network Connections and to bridge my wireless driver with the V100 driver, and then immediately UNbridge them.
This allowed me to reconnect but the system keeps dropping out at random intervals, sometimes after 20 minutes, others after 2hours. On average, it drops out every hour odd. Every time it drops out, I again have to perfom the bridging/unbridging to get it going again.
I have since performed the following to no avail:
- Upgraded to the latest version of T-Link firmware
- REPAIRED Windows XP system
- Restored latest wireless drivers/firmware again
- run all microsoft updates
- disabled Avast & Malware
- Ran Microsoft Malicous ware tool
- Ran complete virus and Malware scans (nothing found)
- Ran every MicrosoftFixit relating to this problem that I could find, of which only ONE fixed a few files to no avail.
I now also seem to have a slight problem with the cursor; it seems to "jump" off screen all by itself, as though I clicked on another window or outside the operating window, yet I did nothing at all. It jumps all by itself, and I have to press BACK on the field I was in to continue typing etc.
Any assistance to fix this problem would be appreciated.
Edited by hamluis, 31 August 2013 - 06:06 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.