Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Amazon.com

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lordjames

lordjames

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:48 AM

Okay im having problems with Amazon.com, in that it just wont open. I don't know why and its not blocked or anything. It wont work in netscape or internet explorer. And it doesnt work with firefox either. Took off the firewall and that doesnt work. Closed the virus checker and that didnt do it either. Im not sure if maybe the virus checker is still "working" when its been closed. Im only suspicious of the virus checker because I installed that this year and thats the only thing I can think of thats changed since I was last on amazon. Im using avg free if that helps anyone to help me.

Heres a link to a picture of what happens when I try to open amazon.com in internet explorer.
http://au.geocities.com/absolutely_james/amazon.jpg
I have tried clicking the box to use TLS 1.0 but that doesnt affect it and I dont have an option for PCT 1.0.

For firefox I get an alert that says: "The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.amazon.com"
For netscape I get "there was no response. The server could be down or not responding."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:58 PM

Hi lordjames
AVG shouldn't be interferring. At least I can't think of why it would.
You could try turning off the resident shield before you close it just for the heck of it I guess.
Did you just notice this today?
It's possible it's just a temporary isp problem since none of your browsers can get there and as far as you know right now, it's just that site. Amazon's been accidently blocked by some isp's before.
This is a stretch and I don't really expect it to work but put amazon in your trusted sites list in IE.
Close the browser and reopen after doing so. Try again in IE.
If your using any spyware blockers, hosts files, etc, check those too.
Is there a router in this picture?

Edited by HitSquad, 24 April 2006 - 12:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users