Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with bios at computer loading

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Barnack

Barnack

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

Sorry, i really don't know where to write this, so please, redirect the post if needed.

The fact is that i don't know what's the TRUE problem, maybe a virus, maybe an error, maybe the computer is too old...

However, when computer starts, sometime there is no signal sent to my monitor, and the computer don't give any sign of life if not the fans's voice.

Other times, the black page with white writes loads correctly, but when the os should load, i see NTLDR is missig, and when this don't happen, some other files are missing. I tryed copying them in the Windows folder from another computer, but the problem doesn't solve. However, the other computer started to have the same kind of problems too! 

There are only 3 things in common before the problem appeared:

The used os is Windows XP

The computers loaded the webpage "italiafilm.it"

The computers used Real Player Downloader in this website.

In both the computers there are other operative systems: the first has also Windows ME, while the second has also Windows 7. ME don't load, maybe for a problem of ntldr, but 7 started right now under my eyes... miracle!

Sometime is possible to open the bios with f2 at starting, but everytime, it needed a manual reset before to start.

So? Please, i'd like to know two things:

1)What's the cause

2)What's the solution

Thanks you all

Barnack

Known also as "the one who was full of problems"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

Sometime is possible to open the bios with f2 at starting, but everytime, it needed a manual reset before to start.

Are you stating that the BIOS needs to be reset?

Is the clock keeping the proper date and time?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Barnack

Barnack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

with every computer start, it needs reset. date and time changed beacuse of the bios reset.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Replace the CMOS battery.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Barnack

Barnack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

done thanks, i didn't imagine that this was the problem, howeverthis continue happening:

"However, when computer starts, sometime there is no signal sent to my monitor, and the computer don't give any sign of life if not the fans's voice."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users