Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is E-learning (for an IT course) cost-effective?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 melpalmero09

melpalmero09

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

Compared to tradtional learning? Is it way too effective in terms of cost, time and quality?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sasi Kumar

Sasi Kumar

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

cost, time ? May be but quality comes from interaction face to face and with human touch to books which is highly lacking in online portals. May be in some place it's more interactive and out of box but it's very minimum.

#3 Erin Walsh

Erin Walsh

• Banned Spammer
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

Surprised there wasn't more discussion on this topic to date.  From what I have gained by learning online, it seems like anything that can be taught in a traditional classroom can be flipped to elearning.  Of course, for the hands on portions of the courses it may be necessary to incorporate practical real world experience.  However, the basic theory and when using the new tools and applications that have been made available on the Web there are so many effective ways to teach and learn online.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

Personally I prefer the face to face interaction of a class room.  If you can learn in an on-line environment great, but it isn't for everyone.  Training quality will vary by instructor, in both cases.

If I have to train for a certification I prefer Exam Cram books and Transcender practice exams.  The end result is I get the certification.  Did I learn anything, maybe.  Does what I learned apply to the real world, probably not.

I have a number of certifications, but they are no replacement for living in the real world.  In the real world I learn what applies to the job I'm doing and can improve my environment.  All too often what I need to know is specific to the environment I am working in and not something that a certified person would know to get their certification.  Certification will give you a foundation, but in the real world not everything is black and white.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users