Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opening old Mac documents

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 timlee43

timlee43

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

Hi —

I hope someone can help me. I recently bought a new Mac (10.8.4) because the old one (Tiger) gave out. Nothing on the hard drive was salvageable, but I had saved quite a few documents on a Memorex Traveldrive. The problem is that my new Mac will not open those documents, which I desperately want to be able to access. They were all written with Appleworks 5 or 6. Surely it must be possible to open these old documents by one means or another (???). I would greatly appreciate any help. (Please keep it simple. )

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Judith1314

Judith1314

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

Have you installed a pure operating system? That is to say there are no other software on OS, only the operating system. If you do it like that, please make sure you have installed application which will suitably read your document.

#3 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

As Judith said,do you've a clean install or...?

Have you installed Mac PDF/Document readers?

#4 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

AppleWorks for the modern day, a migration tip

How to convert AppleWorks to NeoOffice

NeoOffice

#5 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:25 AM

iWorks 09 can open AppleWorks files except for database, and paint

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users