Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Acting Up Really Weird

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stretch21

Stretch21

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 23 April 2006 - 11:29 PM

Hi All

I have had this problem since yesterday when I just changed settings with my Creative Audio program I just changed the speaker system from 2.1 to 5.1 after that my computer started acting up. I would double click on a program on my desktop and it would just highlight the program it would only go into it if i pressed enter. If i double clicked on the program then clicked once on another it would highlight them both. It also wont let me delete I clicked on 1 mp3 file i wanted to delete and while pressing the DEL button the keyboard there was no action. Also my ESC button somehow manages to get mixed up with the Windows XP start button. Sometimes when i try to type something each different letter opens something like CONTROL PANEL,SEARCH & other WIndows XP tools. I have tried System Restore to no affect scanned for Spyware with Microsoft Antispyware and Ad-Aware which foun nuthing and did a virus check with Kaspersky which found 13 small viruses which i deleted and after a computer restart the computer still isnt working properly. I am using WIndows XP Service Pack 2 and have a wireless keyboard and mouse although I doubt they are at fault? ANy help would be great.

Thanks in Advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:46 AM

The problem with a virus is that it will hide and come back if not removed correctly. You should post a log in the hijack forum.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users