Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need a streaming/gaming/programming computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JeroenV

JeroenV

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

So i'm in dire need of getting a desktop that allows me to game & stream, allow me to do some programming and is capable of running multiple virtual machines. On top of that i'd like it to be able to do some video converting a few times every month

However i'm not really all that knowledgeable about motherboards, graphic cards and what's better than the other so i came here for some help.

I run a budget of ~ 1400 €.

So first of all i found this on sale on a shop nearby... would it be sufficient to fill my needs for the coming years or should i go for something better? There's really no more info than on this image.

p6-desktop-650.jpg

That aside... What are your recommendations if the pc above does not have what i need? 

Edited by JeroenV, 29 August 2013 - 04:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

For gaming its not going to be able to run all that much for that long, the CPU is ok, not the best by any means, the video card is alright, could definitely use an upgrade, other than that though it looks good.

If you want an HP try to find one of the ENVY Phoenix line desktops, they will be a little more most likely but some have much better specs.

#3 TheChunkWorld

TheChunkWorld

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

It looks pretty good, though how much RAM does it have? I can't see that stated anywhere.

#4 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

It looks pretty good, though how much RAM does it have? I can't see that stated anywhere.

16 GB. geheugen means memory in Dutch. :)

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#5 TheChunkWorld

TheChunkWorld

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:37 AM

16 GB. geheugen means memory in Dutch. :)

Thank you.

Okay yeah. the computer should be fine, better than mine anyway ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users