Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window vista update loop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PudForever

PudForever

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

Hi,

First of all, thank you to anyone that reads and helps.

I've been using my computer without problem for a while now. Recently I switched it on to be greeted by windows updates stage 3. After 30 seconds or so it restarts and the process repeats.

When it does boot up I have options of boot menu, setup and system recovery. I've tried starting from safe mood but this hasn't helped as it continues to loop.

I don't have the installation disc anymore ether. I've read many things online including delete the update file via command prompt but I can't seem to get to it even when I do start safe mode with commas prompt as the loop continues.

Does anyone have any tips? Really want to get on the computer to get some pictures off of there which are sentimental.

Thanks in advance again

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

To recover your data please download Ubuntu, you will need to burn this to a CD in order to make a bootable disc.  

To burn a ISO file to a CD or DVD please downlaod ImgBurn and install it.

Insert blank CD or DVD into your CD/DVD drive.

Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc.

ImgBurn1_zps715cb1c2.png

Click on the Browse for a file icon:

ImgBurn2_zpsaea72ba9.png

Locate the ISO file you want to burn, and click on the Open button.

Click on the blue arrow to start burning the bootable CD.

imageburn11_zpse44f577b.png

At HowToGeek there is a good tutorial for using Ubuntu to recover data from a hdd.

What is the make and model of this computer?

Edited by dc3, 30 August 2013 - 11:18 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users