Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with internet connection with Airlive router

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 avz10

avz10

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

I have a Netgear Wireless N modem and router (DGN 2000) and an AirLive WL 5460AP.

My PC set-up:

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit;160 and 500 CB HD's
Intel Core i5-2300 CPU; 2.8 GHz; 4 GB RAM

Two weeks ago, the signal from the AirLive started to show the yellow arrow mark and we did not have internet connectivity from AirLive. We still have connectivity from Netgear. I could not fix it with the usual power off/checking ADSL cables, etc.

I followed the AirLive manual and also got hold of a guide that indicated how one should reset the AirLive to factory settings. I did that.
I then tried manually to set the IP address, but no luck.

This is my usual set-up at home: (The AirLive supplies wireless internet to a part of my house)

a_zps6a75d761.jpg

To make it easier for me to see the routers, I moved everything closer together:

b_zpsf30e0fee.jpg

Currently the following lights are working on AirLive:
• Power
• Link/Act
• LAN2

Although the signal is strong, there is no internet connectivity.

1-Image002_zps7e96703a.jpg

Trying “Troubleshooter” gives me this response.

2-Image8_zpsd4d3c477.jpg

I trust that someone can help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,737 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

You say you restored the Air Live to factory settings. This will also have reset any passwords and security on it to factory defaults - have you re-set the network security password ?  I presume you have security on the Netgear router, whether WEP or WPA2-PSK, in which case you need to set the Air Live to your network key. I apologise if I am stating the obvious, but it is surprising how often the obvious gets overlooked !

I have used a couple of Netgear routers, and the IP address for the router is usually 192.168.0.1, with everything else on the network incrementing the last digit by one. If you go into your router control panel, by typing its IP address into your browser, somewhere - normally in the 'Maintenance' section - you should see an entry for 'Attached devices' or something similar. This will give you the IP address of all the devices connected to the Netgear router and there should be one for the Air Live there. If there isn't, you will see something like 'Desktop - 192.168.0.2; Laptop - 192.168.0.3, etc.' and you can assign the next number in the sequence to the Air Live.

Hope this helps,

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users