Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

(Free) Image software

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Adelante

Adelante

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

Hi All,

I am tired reinstalling OS (Win7 Pro 64) from hidden partition, installing all laptop updates (from lenovo update software) then Windows updates, installing ex. Office 2010 and all updates. Did try windows build in image software but didnt work out (didnt recgnize image for some reason - guess did something wrong).

Can anyone recommend some good imaging software (what takes snapshot of whole partition, installed programs (ex. office) and updates?

That after creating this image on DVD or external hdd I could boot up from it and install it/copy it. Of course image will be created after fresh instalation and performing all updates.

Thanks in advance for tips

Edited by hamluis, 29 August 2013 - 10:00 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to All Other Applications - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

I use Macrium Reflect (free version), not sure what you are looking for.

Can backup entire drive in matter of minutes, every file in bakcup accessible anytime using software, can restore entire backup or individual files.

Louis

#3 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

Can backup entire drive in matter of minutes, every file in bakcup accessible anytime using software, can restore entire backup or individual files.

Louis

he's looking for system snapshot/restore softwares,like Rollback RX,I'm myself unaware of any free solutions,I use paid once.

#4 Adelante

Adelante
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

Louis

Thanks, I will check it out.

I am looking for taking image of whole system and apps (or partition), then when I need to reinstall system - I could restore image from bootable image. That system will look when i was taking said image (with installed windows with updates, office etc)

Marcin

Edited by Adelante, 29 August 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#5 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

Louis

Thanks, I will check it out.

I am looking for taking image of whole system and apps (or partition), then when I need to reinstall system - I could restore image from bootable image. That system will look when i was taking said image (with installed windows with updates, office etc)

Marcin

oh so I was wrong. but for me,recovery is better than backup. cause for me,backup takes a lot of disk-space.

Edited by Jesus H. Christ, 29 August 2013 - 02:08 PM.

#6 gervaisgiles

gervaisgiles

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

This may be helpful:

Best Free Drive Cloning Software

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-drive-cloning-software.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users