Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

stuck on welcome screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 paulray

paulray

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:50 AM

Hello, when i boot my toshiba C660 1F1 laptop,after i've typed in my password it get's stuck on the welcome screen.I can boot it in safe mode,can you help please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:39 AM

Hi

It could be one of the startup application or service which is causing the trouble. You can use the Msconfig utility from safe mode to disable third party stratup programs to find the culprit. Read the below guide which covers detailed instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/179159-troubleshoot-application-conflicts-performing-clean-startup.html

If the system boots fine after performing a clean boot , refer part two of the guide to find the offending program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users