Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD 10 times a day! Help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cornflakes2

cornflakes2

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

At my work computer, it does a BSOD crash almost 10 times a day.  The error message doesn't indicate the name of any driver or command.

It simply has a long list of number code:  STOP: 0x0000008E, 0x83690FDF, 0x956D3890, 0x0000000)

I asked around and some people told me to run a scan/log and post it.  So I did one and I zipped up the file.

Can anyone help?

I'm running on windows enterprise 7 service pack 1.

And no, there's no IT or tech person here.....it's a low end job, not some professional office company, so it's up to me to fix it or just do a complete reinstall.

Ahh...the file is 3mb in size and the forum said I can only upload 512k size.  So I uploaded the file at "transferbigfiles" and here is the download link to see the crash report.

https://www.transferbigfiles.com/18cf138c-cf8d-4c22-8230-13d7aed24f61/wiXXwtMkqSsIV7P3uWYhBQ2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

:welcome:  to the Bleeping Computer forum.

Unfortunately there are no crash dumps in the uploaded zip file.If you are using Windows disk cleanup or CCleaner, stop using it until the issue is solved . They will delete the dumps automatically. Please run the system and do the things which usually leads to the BSOD. Once you got three or  more blue screens, zip and upload all the crash dumps located inside C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Also specify the last software or hardware change made to the system in next reply.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 28 August 2013 - 11:46 PM.

#3 cornflakes2

cornflakes2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:38 AM

Oh...I'll check to ssee that none of those programs are installed and running.  I'll get back in a day or two.

#4 Nate15329

Nate15329

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

Did you install any new hardware? Might be the drivers. Remove any new hardware. & Try booting in Last known good configuration mode.

If not, Have you tried testing or swap your Memory(RAM), this error occurs mainly due to this. Also make sure the Memory(RAM) is seated properly.

#5 cornflakes2

cornflakes2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

Thanks.  I just checked for the minidump and it's not found.  It turns out my virtual memory paging file size was under 2mb and so it didn't record a minidump file.  I increased it to over 2mb now and will have to wait for the next crash to find the file, then I'll upload it here.

#6 cornflakes2

cornflakes2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

I just had another crash and this time it logged the dump but the file is 1.99 GB!!

My setting was at "complete memory dump".  Should I change it to "kernel" or "small (128kb)"?

#7 cornflakes2

cornflakes2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

I changed it to "small" and when comp crashed the dump file was still 230mb.  Is this normal? I thought these dump files

were only supposed to be about 2-3 mb.

#8 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

Hi

Read the guide below and set Windows to write a small memory dump.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

Also,  set the paging file size to Automatically manage paging file size for all drives. Changing this setting will affect the stability of Windows.

image130.png

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 29 August 2013 - 11:32 PM.

#9 cornflakes2

cornflakes2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

I ran MsDart and checked for crash analysis.

It told me that it had to do with a driver called: rkhit.sys

I did a little more research about it and said it was from the software Spyware Cease (which I had installed to clean up spyware and malware).  I decided to uninstall Spyware Cease and will see now if i get anymore BSOD crashes or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users