I'm in the process of migrating from an XP machine to one running Windows 7 64-bit
Recently installed Photoshop CS 5 and Lightroom 3
While running FreeFileSync 5.18 (portable) to copy files from the old machine to the new one, I started experiencing BSOD
- copied and subsequently updated a lot of user files over ethernet: ~ 97 K files (65 GB)
- 1st 3 BSOD occured while I had switched back to the XP machine; didn't discover the crash until I switched back to the Win7 machine (using a KVM switch)
I've experienced 6 BSOD so far. All but 2 occurred while FFS was running.
Installed the Windows Debugger and ran analysis and also Nirsoft's BlueScreen View.
Read some of the posts here and elsewhere and decided to
- run MemTest86: ran overnight & completed over 7 passes with no errors logged
- run Kaspersky Rescue Disc 10 from USB: nothing found
- update FreeFileSync to 5.20
After updating FFS, experienced the last BSOD while on the desktop (FFS not running)
Long story short, still am not sure what to do.
BTW, I do have images of the system drive I can restore if need be (last ones taken before and after installation & activation of Photoshop and Lightroom)
Minidumps https://app.box.com/s/bhqw5ndnlzt8yqt9pffx (NOTE: CCleaner deleted the 1st 3 dumps, but Debugger analysis text was saved and is included in the zip archive)
BOSD.txt (BS View) https://app.box.com/s/1iyx00o9ydvo1pg4faqs
Result.txt (MiniToolBox) https://app.box.com/s/gbgbkf57vagt97rkkjcz ("last 10 Event viewer errors"; "installed programs"; "devices" and "users, partition and memory size")
Thanks in advance