Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Task Manager Processes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dbostic619

dbostic619

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505772/windows-explorer-restarting-continiously/ - Hamluis.

I don't know if this is the correct question, but this issue happens often with my internet explorer stopping and starting often but I noticed that in my task manager of the processes running, I have around 3 iexplorer.exe running and sometimes 6 iexplorer.exe*32 also running.  It seems my computer is operating sluggishly.  I have Norton and often runs scans also I have Emisoft Hijack free version.  It might be my wireless internet but the signal is strong when I check it.  I got an answer from bleeping computer and he told me to go to this link http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/ but when I did that my security said that it was dangerous to my computer???? so what to do now??? thanks

Edited by hamluis, 28 August 2013 - 06:00 AM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:09 AM

Who...told you to run that tool?  How can that be, this is your first post at this website.

The tool you linked to...is for attempting to neutralize malware.

Please check your spelling of the processes listed in Task Manager.

Iexplore.exe is the valid IE process...each time a window/tab is opened, another process begins, with 1 always being present in Windows.

Iexplorer.exe is malware and should be treated as such.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users