Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ps2 - Death By Degrees

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 23 April 2006 - 07:03 PM

I managed to beat him in the freezer (Round 1) it was ok since you could hide behind the meat, but on the pool part in the center circle thing you just can't beat him. What i don't get also is you already knocked out half of his life in the meat part, why does his health start full again? I think that's way unfair because his health bar is three times as long and goes down in smaller fragments to yours. Anyway you can't dodge his bullets, you have no guns (you do at the start but you run out after you knock him down the first time but he's still a little over 3/4 full health). I like to know where he keeps all those guns he just grabs new ones each time he needs to reload he's got infinite that's unfair. I mean i don't want to put the game down it is a good game but where i'm totally stuck it really sucks especially since i've been on this level for like 4 months and bugger i'm just about to sell the thing. Like Tomb Raider Legends i beat that game in like 2 days. I don't want to beat it in 2 days (well i've past that anyway) but you'd think the first boss would be a bit more simple) it's something you would see in the final boss. Any suggestions would be appreciated if anyone can help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:35 AM

Grrrr.....I hate those kinds of games. I played Ninja Gaiden :inlove: on the xbox and tried for 3 months to beat the last boss. Never did it :thumbsup: . My friend beat him on the second try. Point is that it can be done, it's just a combination of skill, tactics and (mostly) luck. :flowers:

I've never played the game before, but been in similar situations. Try reading about it on the internet. Hit some sites that have tutorials on it, or online manuals that offer advice/tips/hints. I've never played the game before, but I've used the internet to get some help on beating a boss or getting through a level.

When all else fails.......dare I say "cheat codes"......Muwahahahaha! :trumpet:

Edited by stevealmighty, 24 April 2006 - 07:36 AM.

War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:13 PM

sorry can't use the cheats on the game until you have completed it to activate them which most new games do now which suck.

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:44 AM

Then I'd check for tips and/or hints to help you through it. There's nothing that I hate more than a game I can't beat. :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:18 AM

Check this place out:

Gamewinners Cheat Sectoin: Death by Degrees

That's where i get all my gaming info, cheats, faqs, hints, and news. I never use cheats until AFTER i beat the game the way it was meant to be played, though. After the descriptions of all the "completion bonuses", there are links to FAQ's and walk-throughs that may be able to help you.

If possible, can you enter easy mode? I read on the site that if you die repeatedly, it offers you a chance to begin play in a much lighter mode.

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 26 April 2006 - 10:19 AM.

#6 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2006 - 07:33 AM

If possible, can you enter easy mode? I read on the site that if you die repeatedly, it offers you a chance to begin play in a much lighter mode.

If this is to be done, it has to be done on the very first level of the game (right when you start the game). Well, at least on the first it was like that.
Posted Image

#7 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:46 AM

i was playing "Easy Mode". It's just some nack in it i suppose. Bugger if i could dodge those bullets he shoots. Because it's round you can't see the spikes behind you. That makes it worse.

#8 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:09 AM

i was playing "Easy Mode". It's just some nack in it i suppose. Bugger if i could dodge those bullets he shoots. Because it's round you can't see the spikes behind you. That makes it worse.

Start a new game and keep dying in the first level (right at the begining whenever you fight the first enemy you come to) and die. If you keep dying the first few times (I think it's either 3 or 5) then you it should offer you an "enter easy mode option" at the next "try again" screen.

Hopefully this will make things a little easier when it comes time to fight the boss's. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#9 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2006 - 01:36 AM

i'll try it out. i find also is have as much guns and ammo as you can hold for him. you don't need to use your guns where the meat is you can just hit him.

i'll have another couple of goes and see what happens. thank you all for suggestions and tips.

#10 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2006 - 08:55 AM

Hi, it's Izzy, this topic is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users