Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help needed to install Ubuntu from USB Stick

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Social Jeevi

Social Jeevi

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:58 AM

Hi,

Please help me in installing Ubuntu from a USB Stick. I am a beginner to Linux and I might need help to create the USB stick and I appreciate all the help.

Regards

Social Jeevi

Follow me on twitter: @socialjeevi

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stiltskin

stiltskin

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:24 AM

Get Unetbootin. It doesn't get any easier than that.

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

Suggestion....Do not install right away. Use it as Live first to see if you and your computer are compatible with Ubuntu.

Live will allow you to go online and not write anything to your hdd. After exiting/ shutting down Ubuntu, nothing will be

stored on your hdd or flash drive.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 Social Jeevi

Social Jeevi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:16 AM

stilskin: Thank you.. Got a tool from Ubuntu tutorials named Linux Live and used it. No issues and am posting now from my Ubuntu installed laptop.  :bananas:

buddy215: Thank you, but I know that since I have used it and installed it on my desktop.. My Laptop have no feature to install from a disk so I was seeking help from you experts to make a usb stick bootable. No bad feelings and thanks for the reply and appreciate your help.

Regards

Social Jeevi

Follow me on twitter: @socialjeevi

#5 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

I know this has been already answered, but adding a plug for Lili.

http://www.linuxliveusb.com/

Personally I've had trouble getting Unetbootin to work reliably (no idea why) but Live Linux creator has a very nice GUI and extremely simple to use.

Unofficial iOS Genius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users