Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

yahoo mail can't print messages

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 dirtyshirt

dirtyshirt

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

Before the latest yahoo mail changeover I had no trouble printing messages.  Now I have to do copy/paste into word pad or other program and then print from there.  The Yahoo stuff, ads etc. print fine but not the message content.  Any ideas.  Yahoo help sucks.  If this answer has already been given, sorry to waste your time.  dirtyshirt  

Edited by hamluis, 28 August 2013 - 05:49 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

Hi -

You should be able to open an email, Press "Options" on the top line, and Press "P" to print.

Make sure you have the printer On and ReadyFirst ..........

Works for my new (cr**py) Yahoo email -

Thanks -

EDIT - Agree that Yahoo Help is now just about useless .......

Edited by noknojon, 27 August 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#3 dirtyshirt

dirtyshirt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

Thanks noknojon

Appreciate the idea but my Yahoo Mail top line of an opened email message has no "option" box.
The choices are Delete, Reply, Reply to all, Forward, Move and Actions. Nothing that says Options.

dirtyshirt

#4 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

Thanks noknojon

Appreciate the idea but my Yahoo Mail top line of an opened email message has no "option" box.
The choices are Delete, Reply, Reply to all, Forward, Move and Actions. Nothing that says Options.

dirtyshirt

Screenshot? what version is it,latest or...?

Edit : yeah Y! Help is now hilarious...just like Yahoo Answers,and Yahoo Search Engine,I'd rather use Google Mail,which sends each and every mail to Government,still a better deal.

Edited by Jesus H. Christ, 29 August 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#5 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

For an opened email, the "Print Message" feature is now located in the Actions menu, first option.

#6 bbchris

bbchris

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

I don't have an "actions" menu, see screencapture of my email.   It seems I have a missing menu?

where_is_action_button.JPG

#7 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Some questions:

What is in the "More" menu? I'm not seeing that option.
Which browser(s) are you using? Yahoo recommends Firefox or Safari.
Do you have any script blocking active? If so, try disabling it temporarily.

ynu6.jpg
Used Opera when I took that snap shot.

Seems to me, everytime Yahoo makes some "improvements" all they do is build a larger trash pile.

Looks like they don't like my new machine. When I'm finished reading an e-mail and click on "Inbox" to go back to the list of e-mails, I get tossed back to the Login page instead. A real handy new security feature. And then it wants me to re-confirm my password everytime.

Good grief!

#8 bbchris

bbchris

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

the more function just shows "Mark as read" "mark as unread" "star" and "clear star"  see screen capture:

more_window.JPG

#9 woodenman

woodenman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

Just a quick reply as I had exactily the same problem and Google led me here.

Found the answer myself - the print function is now hidden at the bottom of your e-mail where you will find text tags for Reply, Reply All, Forward and More. Print is under 'More'.

Completely useless design. Why isn't it under the More tag at the top like everything else? Also losing the tabs was a big mistake, making it a lot more awkward to use.

#10 bbchris

bbchris

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

Wow!  You're right, it's at the BOTTOM of the email.   Thank you!

Yes I also cannot scroll down my emails to read easily anymore, I have to manually take my mouse and hold down the side of the email to scroll down.  Not sure why they did this.    I miss the way it was before.  I don't need the gmail style of nesting emails either hahahaa

#11 TomKz999

TomKz999

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

I am having this same problem.  The print in the more options at top of page will not work and neither will the more at the bottom of the page.  The first 'more' and print directs me to the bottom and the bottom 'more' also directs me to the bottom window.  Anyone else have a suggestion for me?

#12 bbchris

bbchris

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:11 AM

yahoo seems to constantly change, you might be a different prototype as I now have what the FlannelBack put, but I definitely didn't have it before.  Not much help I know.  Have you tried opening yahoo in a different BROWSER?

#13 TomKz999

TomKz999

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

I normally use Google Chrome, but also tried to print using Firefox.  Just tried Explorer, but it updated to version 11 and won't even sign into Yahoo! 

#14 bbchris

bbchris

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

I found some anti- malware softwre + google chrome means I cannot access yahoo mail at all.  I'm using firefox to access yahoo.  I dont even dare try IE hahahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users