Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Frustration and Fixes..device drivers...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 anonymousrss

anonymousrss

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

I just wanted to post about a recent issue that frustrated me to no end. I just moved apartments and was setting up my computer. I had USB devices attached to it before I took it apart- but when I put it back together the devices were not attached to the computer and I was getting a BSOD.... I tried EVERYTHING to remedy the issue, booted up with a recovery disc, tried uninstalling devices in safemode.. nothing worked.

So I said, ok- let me just for the hell of it connect all of the devices and see what happens.. Sure enough the computer booted perfectly normal. 

Anyone else have similar issues in the past like this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BKSeoul

BKSeoul

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:24 PM

Can you list everything peripheral that you have connected?  Sounds like a driver for one of those is most likely the cause for your BSOD as the system is trying to load it and communicate with the device, dosen't see it, and then fails to do the hand to back to Windows and Windows then crashes on the DLL/SYS file.  If your not sure exactly what all you have connected, you can try removing each device one at a time while rebooting the computer until the error repeats.  That will tell you which device is the culprit and you can look to either update or reload the drivers to fix the issue.  Otherwise, you can simply try updating all of the drivers for those devices where possible as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users