Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

file conversion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bluz

bluz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

Had the extension .lnk on computer and couldn't open anything tried to do a file conversion and that changed all my files and programs to a file on word. now everything on my computer opens to that file.

what can I can do to restore all my original default programs and files.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,889 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

Try following the guidance by Mr. Knox at http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_easy_file.htm .

Louis

#3 Judith1314

Judith1314

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:25 AM

From my experience, the .ink files has two causes. The first one is that you had deleted system files wrongly, and the secone is that copy files incorrectly. Try to use system restore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users