Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PS3 Fat HDMI issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 helldorado

helldorado

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

I have a PS3 Fat running via HDMI into my HDTV...  It's run fine for years and then last night I turned on my PS3 and the opening screen came on.. but it had lines here and there and the sound was full of static. I also noticed that my settings were now 420p... Now before I went any further I checked my tv's settings to make sure it wasn't the tv... everything checked out with the TV... So now on to the PS3... I tried several new HDMI cables without any success. I went into the display settings to set it so it recognized 720p, 1080i, 1080p which it normally does... but this time as it tried to scan it would blink in and out from the "no display" to 720p but as quick as it recognized the display it went back to "no display" then it tried searching but no dice... it went right back to 420p and as I said ealier there were lines and static amidst the opening screen.... I know I said alot but I've been at this since yesterday, lol.... Any help would be great.... :smash:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PCgermphobe

PCgermphobe

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your trouble!! 

Unfortunately NOW I'm worried about my PS3. Germs are everywhere. 

Good luck. 

#3 bory504

bory504

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

Have you ever dusted out the HDMI port or fans? Could be some sort of dust or overheating. If not that, since you already tried different cables, could be a bad video card. But, I have no idea how to fix game consoles.

Sincerely, Blake.

7 year Computer Hardware + Software Technician.

Operations Technician at a retail company.

Rhythm guitarist for the band Headspill.

:guitar: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users