Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Videos work Full screen on laptop, not on HDTV

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LexingtonStLexus

LexingtonStLexus

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

Ok, so I have google my mind away trying to figure out what is up with this.  I can watch full screen videos to my hearts content on this laptop.  However, when I hook it up to my tv via HDMI it will not play the majority of videos full screen, or even not full screen.  So, let's start with what it WILL play.

It will play YouTube videos and any videos I have on my portable hard drive.  It will play them full screen, no problems.  It doesn't matter how long the video is.  That is it.

Now, if I try to play any other streaming video, it will play full screen on the laptop, just not on the tv.  If I try and watch the SAME video on the TV it will start out fine, but within 5 mins it will start skipping on the video.  By skipping I mean, the video will run sluggishly and jerkily.  It will freeze and then zoom forward as if trying to catch up to the audio. 

This is not my laptop, it is on loan to me.  My house was broken into and my laptop was stolen.  I never had any problems watching anything on it when it was hooked up to the tv. 

I'm not sure what info you need from me about the laptop to help with this, but I would appreciate any offered. 

Ah HA So, I **CAN** be taught.... who knew? --LexingtonStLexus The Lexorcist

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

By searching online for both full screen and sluggish video points to video resolution problem (most likely on different output video formats) and low internet connection or outdated video driver. Have you tried matching or lowering the resolution and checking any updated drivers for the laptop?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users