Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Little question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 filipo603

filipo603

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:23 AM

Is good to buy Windows 8?

May Computer Be With You! :luke: 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Judith1314

Judith1314

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:54 AM

It is worth to buy. More powerful~~~

#3 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

it is a good OS ,my suggestion is to make sure your computer is compatible with win8 ,win8 works best on newer computers .

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

If you aren't completely sure that your computer is compatible with Windows 8 you should use Microsoft's Windows 8 Upgrade Assistance.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 filipo603

filipo603
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

Thanks.I will buy it.

May Computer Be With You! :luke: 

#6 menopaws

menopaws

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

I think Win 8 is an acquired taste. I put it on my Desktop, hated it, and then it suddenly it just did not start one day, all the motions and then black screen.

I had a he!!  of a time getting anywhere to fix it

I now have purchased a touch screen, and reinstalled, I am either brave or stupid!

I think once I master it, I will like it ( I hope) I am old school and have used every operating system since original Windows. But as as a gal of 56,and a 15 yr chronic pain sufferer ( so not nearly as sharp as I used to be) I do find it challenging. I freely admit it. I am a self taught person, who unfortunately never opens a book.

This time I bought what looks like the simplest book to understand to teach me, So, wish me well, If I get that baby goin and like it, I will SING it's praises. I have way too much time on my hands and compute a LOT! So I am excited to play with it. I have never had to buy a book to learn an operating system before, even MACS.

Just my 2 cents, Meno~ :warrior:

#7 captpicard61

captpicard61

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

WIndows 8 boots faster (marginally) than WIndows 7 on the same hardware, but I have found that upgrading from WIndows XP to 8 worked better than previous versions of windows.  I have done several upgrades on some older hardware with no issues so far.  Windows 8 is however an acquired taste.  When 8.1 comes out you will have the ability to boot directly to the desktop and avoid the netro UI which is good but there will still be no classic start button.  Additionally, make sure that you turn off live tiles that you wont be using as they will be sucking your bandwidth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users