Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sharepoint 2013 Server - documentation and Wiki

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 P3nnyw1se

P3nnyw1se

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:56 AM

hey guys I was a little confused if this was the right place 'all other applications'

So I have extremely limited experience with Sharepoint 2013.
But my boss asked me today if I could just 'check out' what possibilities we might have with sharepoint 2013.
Regarding two things.

1: We have documentation spread all over our 'older sharepoint' and 3 other purchased systems..

this documentation is everything from firewall logs, to password lists, IP lists, printer manuals, etc etc.

2: We have our own constructed Wiki, in reality we have 600 documents in a folder.
like: "How to get rid of this virus" "How to push our security out on iphones" articles to help us in the IT department.

We have an Active Directory and Exchange user setup.

So lets say you wanted to sort all this out, and have it placed in one spot.
with easy search functions, and of course the possibility to limit users as only our Admin accounts from the AD should 

be allowed to view the password lists.

Not knowing anything about sharepoint 2013, could you maybe point me in a direction towards something that might be suitable?
also if you plan on suggesting alternatives, let me make it clear we don't wish this to be online, no cloud services :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users