Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

repeated js/ieframe warnings in game

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sawra

Sawra

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:05 AM

Apologies, just joined. Starting today, I've received several pop-up interceptions from Avira while playing TF2. Most free servers support themselves by running Pinion, which displays flash ads periodically that cannot be skipped. The whole thing is buggy sometimes, and ads won't load properly or the audio will be off. Today, they haven't played at all, but my system occasionally made a threat sound notification, with Avira popups saying that the URL I tried to access was blocked for js/iframe.el.2. I'm not certain that Pinion had anything to do with it. No ads were playing at the time, and aside from the game, I was not accessing any websites. The first time it happened it minimized the game, and i chose to quarantine the item. I had to kill the game process because it locked up. It happened several additional times, with the notification/prompt warning window disappearing when i minimized the game. It happened on different servers, though I'm not certain that it happened on any of Valve's own servers. The alerts only occurred while in game.

The text of one of the events
"When accessing data from the URL, "http://auto (dot) notecm (dot) com/cpc.php?uid=78&cid=8&msid=1-27860917&affid=27860917&Terms=channel:General"
a virus or unwanted program 'JS/iFrame.EL.2' [virus] was found.
Action taken: Blocked file"

I ran several scans, and Avira didn't turn up anything. Was this just errant malware attempts successfully blocked by my AV? I haven't really noticed any glaring issues recently, but
I am given to hypochondria and paranoia, so I try not to encourage it.

Edit - I'm sorry, i modified the url by adding (dot), it is hyperlinking and I don't want anyone to mistakingly visit it.

Edited by boopme, 27 August 2013 - 11:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users