Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

McTest Tube Burgers

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lulucomer

lulucomer

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

I was just curious if anyone else watched the taste test of the first test tube burger. :unsure:  If you think the cost of burgers have gone up at your local fast food joint, this tube burger cost over $350,000 to create ! I hope they throw in a side of fries with that.

They made a comment about it being the "future" of our meat. Seems cows are a problem in their opinion. Talk about your mystery meat ! My husband won't touch a hotdog or as he calls them "butt-holes- and lips". I switched to Hebrew National back when I swore off pork.

I don't know about ya'll, but I'll stick with the gas passin cows, myself :cowgirl: ! Sorry if they fart so much it causes the dreaded "global warming". If you think about it we pass alotta gas ourselves. Just think of all those chili cook offs out there and the effects they have on our digestive systems !

Oh well, just was curious if anyone else is as excited about the new McTest Tube Burgers as some of the fellas in all those interviews I saw on the tv.

See Ya Round the Forum,

LuLu (A real meat eater :thumbup2: and darn proud of it !!)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

Have these genetic wizards specified the origin of the donor burger ?

Nah, don't tell me it is a Soya bean.

Edited by yabbadoo, 28 August 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#3 lulucomer

lulucomer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

"If you are going to spend thousands of dollars on a burger made not out of meat but of bovine stem cells, you've got to have a huge passion for science and innovation. You've also got to have a lot of money. The 39-year-old co-founder of Google fits the bill on both counts"

Nope it was bovine stem cells.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/google-founder-sergey-brin-man-300k-test-tube/story?id=19872215

Here is just one of the national announcements. Watch a few minutes. It shows 3 or 4 videos about it. :tvhorror:

It simply sounds yummy! As a matter of fact, I've had some nasty "Grey slimy meat" I bought at the local grocers.

I always take it back.  Blahh Yuck!! They try and hide it in the middle of nice red meat. They tell me " Oh that's because air got to it". Oh sure I see the air reached the middle of the meat but not the outside. Sorry I may look like a gullible hick, but I ain't near

as stupid as I look. What a bunch of goobers! :ranting:

Anyways, go ahead and take a gander at the videos, Yabba!

LuLu

Your not so gullible hillbilly! :guitar:

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

Sounds like they are regurgitating a variation on the Pink Slime and the Tuna Scrape stories of last year.

Being filthy rich does not automagically imbue you with scintillating common sense unfortunately. Just allows you the means to do some really bizarre and useless stuff in public without the majority laughing in your face. We can still wonder what the heck you were thinking in private though.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 lulucomer

lulucomer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:09 AM

@ animal

I would have to count myself the minority in that particular group, that you've pointed out, sir . I would not without an iota of respect for the group who has decided to do this , keep myself from simply laughing at them to their face. I don't mean a stifled :rolleyes: little "oh you silly goose" kinda laugh, neither (yeah, I know I use double negatives a lot, sometimes I try to use a triple negative, so's it becomes correct again) ha)

Anyways, I'd be hee hawin , belly rolling, :hysterical:  you gotta be kiddin me :woot: , are you really serious about this(?) kinda laugh :lmao:  !!!

Would you ever be convinced that this "meat" will replace our real God given delicious beef steak in any foreseeable  future? Because I sure as heck can't. I wonder when man-kind will finally say Uncle? :horse: They are so full of themselves. He ain't never gonna not be able to replicate God's natural creations!(notice the triple play there) Oh well it's always entertaining to watch them try so hard. Bless their little hearts!

To think how many real hamburgers they coulda given to the poor with that money? tisk, tisk. Pity Full, Simply Pity Full. (I know I spelled that wrong, I was just adding the long drawn out way for us hillbillies to say pitiful for emphasis .)

Thanks for giving your two bits, guys!

LuLu

Your friendly neighbor from yonder! :guitar:

#6 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

I would doubt if this test tube burger thingy even leaves the gates, let alone take part in the race.

It is just a useless exercise and has not the  slightest prospect of commercial success in the next several Centuries

Waste of time.discussing it.

#7 lulucomer

lulucomer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

"‘Right now, we are using 70 per cent of all our agricultural capacity to grow meat through livestock. You are going to need alternatives. If we don’t do anything, meat will become a luxury food and will become very expensive.

‘Livestock also contributes a lot to greenhouse gas emissions, more so than our entire transport system.’"

This is just one of the statements made about our future of beef. Not to put a bee in your bonnet, sir. But no one  thought we would have to worry about having GMOs or hormone pumped into our food supplies. Yet here we are trying to fight our government here in the states to just put these facts on our labels, let alone trying to get our food supply back to the way it was meant to be. So when you, a professed scientist, say there is no possible way this will happen. Well I just do not see it the same way. Our government refuses to tell us if we are eating something they literally call "pink slime"! :tvhorror:  They won't even make them put it on a dad-gum label let alone force them to stop putting it in our meat !!

Like I said the argument is certainly there. Maybe if we put up a fight now, later we won't have to fight to be told if we are eating just plain dang food the way it was meant to be.

Sorry if I sounded hateful, but it really makes me a bit tiffed off that they blame our obesity problem  because we don't eat diet food. Back in the old days when food was food our parents and grandparents were not obese. They ate fried foods with real butter and whole milk. We also had 3 recesses in our school days and P.E., all of which they have taken away from our kids. When man-kind starts trying so hard to be "better" it always and I do mean always ends up being much worse !!.

When everything turns back to the way it was meant our fat kids will go back to being just kids.

Talk at ya later, Yabba,

LuLu :guitar:

#8 82_bleepingirl

82_bleepingirl

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

You don't really think  ((((( they)))))  are trying to do better do you? 

#9 lulucomer

lulucomer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

@82_bleepingirl

Yeah, you make a very good point. Of course that's how "they" present themselves though. :crazy:  Anything to thin out the herd I suppose. By "herd" , I don't mean the cattle either. :deadhorse:  As well you probably know already !!

See ya round the forum!

LuLu :guitar:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users