Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC stuck in a boot loop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 d1furebear

d1furebear

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

Hi there, my PC is stuck in a boot loop. I cannot boot into safe mode, when I turn on the PC the Windows screen pops up and then it brings up safe mode options but it doesn't let me select one of the options, it reboots all over again and stuck in a loop. 

I think what started this is that my boyfriend deleted his msointl.dll file and it that is where things went from bad to worst. 

I know I need to use a Windows XP recovery disk but I don't have one. 

Any help will be helpful, 

thanks,

d1furebear

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

This topic had been reported to Staff and will be replied soon.

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

<<I think what started this is that my boyfriend deleted his msointl.dll file...>>

Since deletion or damage to this file...is known to cause problems...can you tell us why it was deleted?  What was expected to be accomplished by deleting a Windows system file?

Louis

#4 d1furebear

d1furebear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

Yes he was running out of storage sacr and deleted that file. I know that file specifically because we got an error message that the file was missing. I honestly don't know if he deleted other files (I can assume he did).

#5 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:52 AM

Without knowing exactly what was deleted it is impossible to recover this computer and the best option would be a repair installation. However an XP disk is required for that.

Since you mention you don't have a disk, do you know if the computer has a recovery partition that can be used?

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users