Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijackthis Log Analysis Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Katamari

Katamari

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 23 April 2006 - 02:57 PM

I downloaded a file a few days ago and suddenly started receiving a ton of ads, crazy minimising & maximising of windows. I already used Ad-Ware and SpyBot S&D and removed some problems, but my browser continues acting strange. Help me, please.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 20:53:58, on 23-04-2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RGFuaWVsIExvcGVz\command.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Programas\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Programas\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Programas\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Programas\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Programas\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Programas\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\EXPERI~1\DEFINI~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.622\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.freeware995.com/promo/aa.htm
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Hiperligações
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdslTaskBar] rundll32.exe stmctrl.dll,TaskBar
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Programas\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Programas\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Programas\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Programas\Ficheiros comuns\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Programas\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Programas\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Programas\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{AFB44D9C-F8FE-4CD1-A58C-04F846111F68}: NameServer = 195.245.176.19 194.38.131.19
O20 - Winlogon Notify: BITS - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lv8209loe.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Programas\Ficheiros comuns\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Command Service (cmdService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\RGFuaWVsIExvcGVz\command.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Programas\Ficheiros comuns\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Programas\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:35 PM

Hello Katamari

Click on start, then control panel, and then double-click on add/remove programs. From within add/remove program uninstall the following if they exist by double-clicking on the following entries:

Command

Please move HijackThis to another location, preferably c:\Program Files\HijackThis. Anywhere is fine, other than your Desktop or a Temp folder. If HijackThis is in a temporary folder you run the risk of accidentally deleting the backups or it clutters your desktop with all the backups.
If you use Windows XP it might be that you just double clicked on the file HijackThis.exe, but that only extracts the file to a temporary folder. Please select the file and Extract it to a folder.

How do you make a permanent folder:

Click "My Computer", then "C:\" and then on "Program Files".
In the menu bar, "File"->"New"->"Folder".
That will create a folder named "New Folder", which you can rename to "HJT" or "HijackThis".
Now you have "C:\Program Files\HijackThis". Put your HijackThis.exe there.

Please download Look2Me-Destroyer.exe to your desktop.
  • Close all windows before continuing.
  • Double-click Look2Me-Destroyer.exe to run it.
  • Put a check next to Run this program as a task.
  • You will receive a message saying Look2Me-Destroyer will close and re-open in approximately 10 seconds. Click OK
  • When Look2Me-Destroyer re-opens, click the Scan for L2M button, your desktop icons will disappear, this is normal.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the Remove L2M button.
  • You will receive a Done Scanning message, click OK.
  • When completed, you will receive this message: Done removing infected files! Look2Me-Destroyer will now shutdown your computer, click OK.
  • Your computer will then shutdown.
  • Turn your computer back on.
  • Please post the contents of C:\Look2Me-Destroyer.txt and a new HiJackThis log.
If Look2Me-Destroyer does not reopen automatically, reboot and try again.
If you receive a message from your firewall about this program accessing the internet please allow it.

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users