Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

slow video/graphic speed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 norco1

norco1

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

Website and graphic dodwnloads are slow and/or buffers endlessly. How can I improve my speed? My primary browser is Firefox. Download speed is .66 mbps with upload at .12 Mbps.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,005 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:24 PM

Your problem is centred around your connection, you have a poor one.

What connection speed were you offered when you took up this contract ?  If it was offered to you at significantly better than a download rate of 0.66 Mbps then this is something you should take up with your ISP.

Inside your house, you can try replacing the broadband filter unit and checking the wiring from your router to its connection with the main telephone socket. The best way to check your connection is to connect the router to your computer by cable, ethernet. If this shows a more reasonable connection speed it may help you to look at the position of your computer or the wi-fi unit you use it with. I have a desktop built into a standard tower and use a USB wi-fi dongle to connect. It is mounted as high up on the front of the case as I can get it. If it slips down by as little as 1/2 inch my connection drops by about 25%.

Carry out these checks, and if your performance is still bumping along at about 0.66Mbps, take it up with your ISP.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users