Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 BSOD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PeterGriffin89

PeterGriffin89

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

Hi, first of all, I want to present me because I'm a new user! :-)

I've find this english forum (I'm spanish hehe) searching about my problem and I've thought ... maybe they could help me.

I am experiencing an intermittent BSOD I believe caused by ntoskrnl.exe.

Here is my current BlueScreenView:

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 26/08/2013 12:14:25 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\082613-34585-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75B80)
Bugcheck code: 0x34 (0x50853, 0xFFFFF8800317E818, 0xFFFFF8800317E070, 0xFFFFF800035F057C)
Error: CACHE_MANAGER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a problem occurred in the file system's cache manager.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 26/08/2013 12:14:25 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x34 (0x50853, 0xFFFFF8800317E818, 0xFFFFF8800317E070, 0xFFFFF800035F057C)
Error: CACHE_MANAGER
Bug check description: This indicates that a problem occurred in the file system's cache manager.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I've formated again my SO because I've lost my HDD and I bought a new it but I receive these bluescreen and I'm worry ... :(

For to make it more easy the job, i've prefered to upload the archives that I've seen necessary in another post.

:step1: The crash dumps for analysis

:step2: A Speccy report about your system

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/QWfABkQwnuQQRDMK8Ktu4OM

:step3: A Minitoolbox log

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vcf3kx

If it'll be necessary another thing, I'll reading the post. Only say to me! :)

¡Thanks for all and any help would be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

Good morning :).

STOP 34, Cache Manager Data

FWIW:  ntoskrnl.exe is seldom, if ever, the cause of a problem...it's just the point at which Windows recognizes that there is a problem.

You have a process, dis.exe, running which, if legit, identifies as Comodo Internet Security.  Dietto for cistray.exe.  Ditto for cmdagent.exe. 

You also have Avast Internet Security installed.

Please uninstall Comodo completely, since running more than one AV program...produces negative results.

Uninstall Glary Utilities, do not reinstall.  This program has been known to cause user issues after install.

Registry cleaner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registry_cleaner

Microsoft support policy for the use of registry cleaning utilities - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2563254    

Do those things, run chkdsk /r...and let us know how the system runs :).

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 26 August 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#3 PeterGriffin89

PeterGriffin89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

Thanks for your answer Hamluis! You're very kind! :)

I'll to do everything that you said to me but first of all, I want to comment you that I have Avast Free 2013 installed but don't have Comodo Internet Security install, only his firewall ... only want to clarify (despite it's true that this firewall it's closing software installed in my computer without sense and I was thinking to uninstall but I don't know another recommended firewall to install ... could you recommend to me a friendly, easy and light firewall ... or it's best Win7 firewall?)

Thanks and excuse me for the disturb! I'll waiting your answer and doing your tips!

Edited by PeterGriffin89, 26 August 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hi

Your issue seems to be caused by cmdguard.sys which is a part of Comodo firewall. Please uninstall Comodo completely as Hamluis suggested and check how the system works.

You don't need a third party firewall program to protect your system. Windows 7 firewall is more than capable of providing the same protection others offer. Also, Windows firewall won't cause a blue screen issue.

http://www.howtogeek.com/165203/why-you-dont-need-to-install-a-third-party-firewall-and-when-you-do/

#5 PeterGriffin89

PeterGriffin89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for your help hamluis and Anshad Edavana! I've uninstalled Comodo completely, Glary Utilities and i've made the chkdsk. Also I've cleaned in secure mode with the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and i'm using the W7 firewall.

In this moment, all are running perfect and I've received only a bluescreen when I've uninstalled the Comodo Firewall.

Again, thanks so much for you and your times! If I have another problem, I'll say you! :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users