Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Poll Help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 23 April 2006 - 02:01 PM

I am in need of some help with i poll i found a site that makes polls but it only has 10 options and i need 48 so i was wondering if there is any free poll makers out there that give you a good amount of options to add into a poll or if anyone would be kind anof to make a website just with a poll and a admin cp so i could add in what i need its probly to much but i figured i would ask.

Thanks
I can only learn what i want to learn.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:21 PM

Sooo..what sort of webpage do you already have, and what do you intend to do with the results? A simple html page with checkboxes would seem like it should do the trick:

<p>What is your favorite operating system?</p>
Windows 95: <input type="checkbox" name="sports" value="win95" /><br />
Windows ME: <input type="checkbox" name="sports" value="winme" /><br />
Windows NT: <input type="checkbox" name="sports" value="winnt" /><br />
Windows XP: <input type="checkbox" name="sports" value="winxp" />

Then you need something on your backend to process the results. Without knowing what you have going on, it's a bit tough to give appropriate advice.

#3 Osiris

Osiris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:01 PM

Well the poll is being used for some names i have come up with for a band me and a few people are making and because its so hard to choose a name i figured i would make a poll and let people choose and in about or month or so what ever 5 have the top rating we would sit down and choose what one we liked best and i dont want anything to fancy just something fast i could set up.
I can only learn what i want to learn.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:16 PM

<sarcasm>Well it's really quite simple. You first set up a DTD to parse the XML data, or optionally use an XML schema to verify the input, and then dump it to a SQL database.</sarcasm>

I understand what you want, I don't have a clue as to how you think I can help you. Do you even have a web page? I can't possibly help you until I know what there is to work with, understand? :thumbsup:

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:39 PM

A really low tech, yet technological, solution would be to set up an HTML form with all your options (and perhaps a suggestion box) and then use a free forms processor (a quick Googler search led me to Allforms, don't know how good they are) to e-mail you the results with which you then manually update your poll numbers.

Example:
<form method="post" action="/cgi-bin/mailme"> <!--The Free Forms Service will give you the info for the method and action -->
<input type="radio" name="bandname"  value="Rolling_Scrollwheels">The Rolling Scrollwheels
<input type="radio" name="bandname" value="spaceyspacebars">Spacey Spacebar and the Return Keys
<input type="radio" name="bandname" value="LCDC">LCDC
<input type="radio" name="bandname" value="captaincapslock">Captain Caps Lock and the Print Screens(Featuring Sys Rq)

<textarea name="suggestions" rows="5" cols="30"></textarea>
<input type="Submit"><input type="Reset">

</form>

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 24 April 2006 - 03:41 PM.

#6 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:41 PM

Which is of course assuming that he even has web-space in the first place. :thumbsup: I still don't know. I guess that's why they call you Amazing Andrew?

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:47 PM

Web space takes 30 seconds to get, if you're willing to put up with some ads. From the sound of things, he'd be well served by getting a geocities page and using it until they decide on a name.

They call me amazing because I can make a carton of cigarettes disappear in under 3 minutes using only a magnifying glass and a gallon of Seagram's extra dry gin.

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 24 April 2006 - 03:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users