Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google/ Desktop/ Installer (folder) Issue? Various Trojans alerted

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lkori915

lkori915

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:35 AM

Hi I am new to this forum, mainly for this particular issue. I am not too computer savvy so please bear with me.

I am running Windows 7 and also have Semantic Endpoint Protection (SEP) running. Earlier today it has been popping up with issues constantly, maybe every 30 seconds to a minute.

These are the trojans it reports:

Trojan.Gen.2

Trojan.Gen.3

Trojan.Zeroaccess.C

Everytime these notifications pop up, SEP says that it has taken care of the job, whether it has quarantined or completely removed the problem. If that's the case, then why is it still popping up every 30 seconds? I've ran a complete system scan and, as I have read through some threads here, nothing shows up and the problem persists.

It also notes the location as being:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Desktop\Install\{a18dd709-d5e8-7e4a-5608-044a0f81ddc3}\   \...\???\{a18dd709-d5e8-7e4a-5608-044a0f81ddc3}\U\00000008.@

When I go to that file location nothing is found. I have never even heard of Google Desktop and definitely have never installed the program.

So far, I have yet to see any performance issues or anything else really telling me that this is an issue, but the notifications keep coming. This is more of an annoyance than anything else so far. Please let me know what I can do to help my situation. Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dev00790

dev00790

Bleeping Chocoholic

• Members
  • 5,037 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:29 AM

Hi

This is likely to be a ZeroAccess variant.

Please do the following next:

--------------------------

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6.  If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<==  Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

Regards, dev00790

---------------------------------------

Marge: "Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday." Homer: "Woo-hoo! Four-day weekend!"I do not reply to Private Messages (PMs) asking for assistance - please use the forums instead. If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 48 hours please send me a PM. My Blog

#3 lkori915

lkori915
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Thank you, I have scanned and posted the new topic. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users