Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update Error 57A

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 black069

black069

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

I am trying to use Windows Update to update my windows update but, repeatedly, all 7 "important" updates fail with the following error messages:

Code 57A  Windows Update found an unknown error.

and

Code 80070652  Windows Update found an unknown error.

Six of the error codes are for Microsoft Office 2010 32-bit, which I do have installed, and one is for MS Filter Pack 2.0.  I can get the exact updates if they will help. 

I have looked on the internet, but the best help I could find was to do a system restore, but I have too much junk to perform that. 

I have Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 on a Sony Vaio SE Laptop.

Please help.  Thanks. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

You may find some information here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/windows-update-shows-error-code-80070652-ran-fix/38bfb577-3125-4449-bae0-e8dc7f079e0b

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users