Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BLEEPING COMPUTER WINTASKS PRO 5.0 5,000 MEMBER GIVEWAY

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 18 November 2004 - 07:26 PM

Untitled Document

OFFICIAL BLEEPING COMPUTER WINTASKS PRO 5.0 5,000 MEMBER GIVEAWAY RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.

THE FREE BLEEPING COMPUTER LIUTILITIES WINTASKS PRO 5.0 GIVEAWAY ("GIVEAWAY") BEGINS TODAY, NOVEMBER 18TH 2004 AND CONTINUES UNTIL WE HAVE 5000 MEMBERS ("GIVEAWAY ENDING").

HOW TO ENTER
As long as you are a member of BleepingComputer.com in good standing (not banned or suspended), you have the ability to enter this drawing by submitting your first and last name as well as an email address we can contact you with at the follow link:

Wintasks Pro 5.0 5000 Member Contest Entry Form Link

Upon winning the GIVEAWAY, the winner may have to provide the following information if the prize needs to be mailed:

• Member's full name;
  • Member's Shipping Address

Limit one entry Bleeping Computer member. All entries become the property of BleepingComputer, NY ("Sponsor") and will not be returned or acknowledged. The winning Members shall have their information used directly by us or sent to the participating company to award their prize.

RANDOM DRAWINGS
On or about the end of the GIVEAWAY ENDINGS, Bleeping Computer will randomly select one member of BleepingComputer.com to receive ONE fully licensed copy of Wintasks Pro 5.0. If the selected member is not a member of good standing or has already been selected on a previous CONTEST DATE, then a second drawing will be done. This process will continue until a valid member is selected.

If you do not want to be entered into the GIVEAWAY then please private message Grinler and let him know that you would not like to be eligible.

PRIZES, ODDS, & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES
The total USD estimated retail value for of all prizes: $199.80. Prizes are nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. There will be no cash, substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that Bleeping Computer, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value in the event the offered prize is unavailable. Winners are responsible for any and all applicable taxes associated with prize.

Odds of winning are dependent on the amount of entries received.

Prize winners acknowledge that the Sponsor and all other businesses concerned with this GIVEAWAY and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner are responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of prize except that the prize shall be subject to manufacturer's stated warranty.

WINNER NOTIFICATION
Winners will be notified by private message on the site and via the email address they registered their account under. If any prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable or not responded to within two weeks time, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use each winner's member name for promotional purposes in any and all media (including online posting) without additional compensation. If no response is received from a winner requiring shipping address information, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Limit: one prize per GIVEAWAY per household.

ELIGIBILITY
GIVEAWAY is open to anyone age 18 or older who is a member as of the GIVEAWAY ENDINGS.

GENERAL CONDITIONS
Use of any mechanical or automated process to increase your odds in this GIVEAWAY is strictly prohibited. If a user is found to create multiple member accounts then BleepingComputer may its its own discretion remove your eligibility to this GIVEAWAY.

SPONSOR
This GIVEAWAY is sponsored by Bleeping Computer.

CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
The SPONSOR reserves the right to disqualify Members who violate the rules or interfere with this GIVEAWAY in any manner. If disqualified, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate Member's eligibility to participate in this GIVEAWAY. This GIVEAWAY is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited by law. GIVEAWAY governed by U.S. law.

By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless SPONSOR and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, service agencies, independent contractors, and the officers, directors, employees, investors, agents, and representatives of any of the above organizations from any injury, loss, or damage to person, including death or property, due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance from or use/misuse of a prize or participation in any promotion-related activity.

Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, in the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of prizes. In the event that sponsors are prevented from continuing with the promotion, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the promotion is severely undermined by any event beyond sponsors' control, including but not limited to fire; flood; epidemic; earthquake; explosion; labor dispute; strike; act of God; public enemy act; satellite or equipment failure; riot or civil disturbance; war (declared or undeclared); terrorist threat or activity; any federal, state, or local governmental law, order, or regulation; order of any court or jurisdiction; or other cause not reasonably within sponsors' control (each a "Force Majeure" event), sponsors will have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the promotion without further obligation.

An entrant's submission of entry constitutes permission for Bleeping Computer and, in Bleeping Computer's sole discretion, such other Contest Sponsors to use entrant's name, photograph, likeness and other material provided in the entry for any business purpose, including for promotional purposes in any media.

Bleeping Computer will not knowingly provide any personally identifying information, that is not already publicly available, of minors to any third party without the written consent of entrant's parent/legal guardian.

This Contest shall be governed as to all matters, including validity, construction and performance of the Contest General Rules, by and under the Laws of the United States of America and the State of New York and the sole venue for resolving all questions related the rights of the Entrants and winners in this Contest shall be the courts located in New York City, New York, United States of America.

By accepting the prize, Members agree to comply with these official rules, including all eligibility requirements. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these official rules.

DISPUTES
Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant (and their parents/legal guardians if participants are minors) agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association or the National Arbitration Forum (NAF), then effective. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. or by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. Section 1, et seq, without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and all proceedings shall take place in that State. You understand that, in the absence of this provision, You would have had a right to litigate disputes through a court, including the right to litigate claims on a class-wide or class-action basis, and that You have expressly and knowingly waived those rights and agreed to resolve any Disputes through binding arbitration in accordance with the provisions of this paragraph. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.

WINNER'S LIST
A list of winners will be posted as a reply to this topic when all prizes have been awarded.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2004 - 07:32 PM

WinTasks Professional 5 Prize Information

Just when you thought your computer was completely safe . . .

Every day, the Internet spawns new attacks on your privacy, data, and computer speed. And your standard security software might not even know about the newest threats until your computer is already infected. A firewall and anti-virus software are not enough to completely protect your computer from malware, spyware, adware, and other problems. Stop the threats before they get you get WinTasks for complete, yet easy-to-use security.

Based on years of research, the award-winning WinTasks is now one of the most popular tools in the war against malicious software and the perfect complement to your firewall and anti-virus software. Whether you are new to Windows, a business professional, or a systems administrator, you can rely on WinTasks to quickly improve your computer's security and speed.

WinTasks can remove and prevent hidden spyware and other processes that your firewall or anti-virus software do not know about. Here's how:

• Our new process blocking feature gives you immediate protection and complete control. This feature functions like a spywall a software firewall, blocking threats in real-time. When a program tries to start, WinTasks either blocks or runs the program, while quickly learning which programs you consider safe. WinTasks can also check our extensive database to automatically permit safe ( Process Library Certified ) programs.

• Detailed information, activity logs, and other features describe every process running on your computer.

• Our easy-to-use tools allow you to control, block, or terminate any process.

For more detail information you should click the following link:

WinTasks Professional 5.0

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2004 - 08:45 PM

:trumpet: Thanks for another great contest! :thumbsup:

:inlove: Good Luck To Everyone!! :flowers:

Edited by Scarlett, 10 February 2006 - 08:24 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:38 PM

Hey I promised so I had to deliver :thumbsup:

Me members wishes are my commands.

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:46 PM

Great I need speed delivery of a whopper from BK! Hungy......lol
Good contest!

#6 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 18 November 2004 - 11:25 PM

Sounds like a great contest!! Im entered.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#7 Haroldo

Haroldo

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:00 PM

Great I need speed delivery of a whopper from BK!

Whopper...I think not...behold the new king of burgers in all it's glory (with 109 grams of fat!)
The "Monster Thickburger"
Posted Image

Edited by Haroldo, 19 November 2004 - 02:01 PM.

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:35 PM

Is that the new hardy burger? 107 grams of saturated fat...

#9 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:48 PM

Ayup! Sure death on a bun!

:thumbsup:
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#10 Haroldo

Haroldo

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:51 PM

Isn't it beautiful? (I'd never eat it, but) from an artistic point of view...it's perfect!

#11 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:03 PM

Truly

from an artistic point of view...it's perfect!

Worthy of display at a place that upholds a similar standard of excellence, Haroldo. Thank-you, my appetite has returned. AND, I've entered on the outside chance I could be a Double-Winner in this newest contest. Thanks Grinler for a second chance, so to speak. :thumbsup: Two...Two...Two treats in one. The New American Standard in Fast Food and Fast Fixes of Fascidious Windows Operating Systems. Spread the word & put it on the Calendar of Events. Dinna is served, come & get it!!
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#12 Philip Brampton

Philip Brampton

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2004 - 11:34 PM

Why is it these computer contests arew always so difficult to enter?.Why not just have a simple form to fill in and then submit.
Five trimes i have tried to enter.As soon as i submit my application it tells me i am already a member.
Perhaps someone could explain please?.
Thankyou.

#13 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2004 - 12:19 PM

What is the exact error message you are receivinfg?

#14 Philip Brampton

Philip Brampton

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2004 - 02:10 PM

There are no error messages.I click onto entry form link which takes me to log in which i do it then it goes back to entry form link.Now you know why it is rather frustating.
Thanks

#15 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2004 - 09:26 PM

I am confused...so you are logged in like normal. You click on the contest link and it says you are not logged in?

When you get there can you pm me the link your seeing in your browser? I need the exact text so i can examine the code and find the proper area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users