Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser loads an error page of my router instead of a web page

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 brian2009

brian2009

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

I have a D-Link DWA-125 Wireless Adapter on my notebook and it connects to a D-Link DIR-601 Router.

It works fine printing to my Samsung Wireless printer as long as I am not connected to the internet (I only connect via dial-up)....but when I am connected to the internet instead of loading the web page I want, my browser loads some sort of D-Link error graphic stating that I cannot connect to what I wanted to.

(I'll load an image of the error message later, I didn't think to copy it while it was there)

Again, I do not use the router for any kind of internet connection.

This is getting to be annoying as I was trying to print some postage and in the middle of it all I had to manually move and connect the printer to the notebook before my postage session expired.

I've not noticed any other Wi-Fi problems except this one. I am hoping there is some sort of setting set-up incorrectly, but I really don't understand wi-fi set ups at all. I got lucky and it worked without me tinkering much.

The problem occurs in Firefox 22.0 as well as IE8

Thanks

ps I'm wondering if my browsers are bypassing my dial-up connection and trying to use the (not internet connected) router/hub to load web pages instead...?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

Have you tried checking your internet options in control panel specifically on the Connections tab - dial up? I would presume this is not a Dlink default browser homepage.

Tekken

#3 brian2009

brian2009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

I will load an image of the error web page later today. I'll have to recreate the failure, which shouldn't be too difficult.

#4 brian2009

brian2009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

The address of the error is: http://dlinkrouter/error-404.htm

Attached Files

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:59 PM

It seems that the problem is due to internet connection is down on your ISP end or the Dlink wireless adapter is not able to communicate on Dlink wireless router that redirects you to load internet on Firefox or IE. If you remove the Dlink router SSID from manage wireless networks in Network and Sharing, both the dlink adapter and router would not be able communicate anymore.

Tekken

#6 brian2009

brian2009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:31 AM

For what it's worth. To copy that error message:

While connected to the internet via dial-up I plugged in the usb adapter into the notebook and tried to load a new web page in a new tab.

The new browser tab pulled up that error message, which I saved. Then I unplugged the adapter (while still on-line) and subsequent web pages loaded correctly.

#7 brian2009

brian2009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Also found out...

If I use the usb wi-fi adapter at my library hot spot it works fine at loading web pages in new tabs.

#8 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

Then I unplugged the adapter (while still on-line) and subsequent web pages loaded correctly.

Since this is a notebook with builtin wireless adapter, why not use it instead of having another DLink USB adapter?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users