Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Feed input to program using text file in windows???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bomblast

bomblast

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

Is there a way I can skip typing through keyboard and input data into a program running on windows 7 through text file?? Actually there is a program called Cyberoam client which takes Cyberoam server IP from user and then checks whether the server IP is correct... I want to automate the process of entering the IP into its textbox and then press "Check" button and stop if it finds a valid IP... Is this possible on windows 7 by creating some loops to enter this IP ranges automatically???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

Well...I'm no programmer...but I've always thought that you need to know source code, etc. before modifying/updating any program.  I mean...it's not like there is one standard way to write a program unless things have changed from the eons ago when I played with dorporate financial forecasting programs in the 70s. 

Additionally...many programs reflect caveats which indicate that no attempt will be made to modify the product, moreso (I imagine) if the program is a "for cash" program.

You might actually get a more knowledgeable, valid answer...if you post in the BC Programming Forum.

Louis

#3 bomblast

bomblast
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

Well...I'm no programmer...but I've always thought that you need to know source code, etc. before modifying/updating any program.  I mean...it's not like there is one standard way to write a program unless things have changed from the eons ago when I played with dorporate financial forecasting programs in the 70s. 

Additionally...many programs reflect caveats which indicate that no attempt will be made to modify the product, moreso (I imagine) if the program is a "for cash" program.

You might actually get a more knowledgeable, valid answer...if you post in the BC Programming Forum.

Louis

Thank you... I will started a new topic there...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users