Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keychain Digital Camera Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sistersadness

sistersadness

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 23 April 2006 - 10:58 AM

Hi, I'm new and i've been having trouble with a gemini keychain digital camera I received for christmas. It keeps randomly deleting my pictures before I get a chance to download them onto my computer. It has recently done it to me again with some pics that were rather important to me. Does anyone have any suggestions for possibly recovering those pics or if not, at least how to stop it from doing this?

Edited by sistersadness, 23 April 2006 - 10:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:27 AM

Hi sistersadness, welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, you might not be able to recover your pictures if you've already taken more pictures with the camera. However, all might not be lost! Try this software HERE. Just use the free trial. You can also try other software programs by doing a search on Google and typing in "photo recovery software" (without the quotes). If one doesn't work, another might, but it's unlikely. If after the second attempt of recovering your lost images fails, then I'd say that you're out of luck :thumbsup:

The problem with the small keychain cameras is that they're more of a novelty item instead of a "hi-tech" device. So, you're not getting the quality of a full blown digital camera, which is what you might be experiencing, where it might be deleting other images to make room for more, as where with a camera it will tell you "Unable to take picture, card full".

Digital camera's are fairly cheap nowadays, specially for a basic small point and shoot one. It might not hurt to buy one and stick it in your purse (or backpack or what have you).

Another route is to pick up a camera phone. This will allow you to snap photos whenever you want, and email (picture text) them to an email account for printing or further emailing. It will also eliminate the need to carry around a seperate camera that you'd worry about losing or breaking!

Hope this helps!

Edited by stevealmighty, 24 April 2006 - 09:30 AM.

War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users