Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newbie, day2 - Trouble already.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 FatKitty94

FatKitty94

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

Apologies for not doing intro first.  Would rather...

Intel Rapid Storage not working.  I suspect a virus but don't know anything.  Shut computer down immediatly and am on husbands computer right now.  Don't know what to do.  ADMIN: When I signed up yesterday I included as much info about my computer as I could find.  I honestly could not quote you any of it so don't ask. (sorry)

Anyone online to advise?  Thank you.

Edited by hamluis, 24 August 2013 - 11:11 AM.
Merged topics - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FatKitty94

FatKitty94
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

Anyone out there?  I don't even know how to post in a forum.  Learning as I go.  Can anyone help with Intel rapid storage problem.  I won't even turn my computer back on.  Thank you.

#3 FatKitty94

FatKitty94
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

Replying to my own topic because I don't know how else to get an answer.  Sitting here trying to be patient.

Edited by FatKitty94, 24 August 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,470 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

Can anyone help with Intel rapid storage problem.  I won't even turn my computer back on.  Thank you.

Can't or won't?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 FatKitty94

FatKitty94
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

I don't how to know that.  Thanks for respons.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,470 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

You posted that "I won't even turn my computer back on".

Does this mean that you won't even try to turn your computer back on, or does this mean it will not turn back on.

What sort of problem are you having with Intel rapid storage?

What is the make and model of this computer?

Edited by dc3, 24 August 2013 - 10:44 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,470 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

You have two topics open regarding the same issue.  Hopefully a moderator will see this and combine the two and close the other as this will only lead to confusion.

Having read the other topic I found the make and model of your computer in your profile, it's a hp mini 210-2100 for those reading this topic.

Please answer the questions I posted previous to this post.

#8 FatKitty94

FatKitty94
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

Right off the bat I thought, uh oh-virsu so I shut down.  Since then I turned in on and am at the log in page.  Don't know if I should boot into Safe Mode or what. 

I'm running Windows 7 Starter 32 bit.  Did I answer right? 

When I turned it on first this a.m. it said (I cann't quote excactly) IRS (?) ...is not loading (paraphrasing)  I'll be precise in the future.

#9 FatKitty94

FatKitty94
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

You have two topics open regarding the same issue.  Hopefully a moderator will see this and combine the two and close the other as this will only lead to confusion.

Having read the other topic I found the make and model of your computer in your profile, it's a hp mini 210-2100 for those reading this topic.

Please answer the questions I posted previous to this post.

After 1 1/2 hrs I wrote to a moderator (admin?) and asked for his attention to the matter.  Thank you for your kindness.  Also I apologize for the 2 topics.  I don't know how to post in a forum. (really a newbie)

Edited by FatKitty94, 24 August 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

Merged topics.

Please...exercise some patience...provide detailed info which is requested...and members will try to assist you.

As much as our volunteers would like to assist...posting the same situation multiple times...doesn't help us to help you.

We are not a fast-food franchise...for "answers to computer problems", so patience will get you a lot farther...than saying the same thing over and over again in different topics you start.

Thanks for understanding :).

Louis

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,470 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

I know that at times like this time seem to be of the essence, but you have to realize that we are volunteers here and are helping other members as well.  I started responding to topics I'm involved in at 6:30 this morning, I just got to the topic you posted, it has been a usual morning here, busy. :)

Does the computer finish starting?

If not, try starting again and see if you can write down the error message and post it back here.  This will provide us with something to work with.

After you get the error message copied try booting into Safe Mode.

To boot into Safe Mode press the power button and immediately start tapping the F8 key.  Eventually you will see the Advance Boot Options page, it will look like the image below.

abow7_zpsc072f26e.png

You will need to use the up or down key to navigate to Safe Mode, once the pointer is on Safe Mode press the Enter key.

Edit:  Please note that the area which is highlighted in gray does not mean that this is the Safe Mode you want, it is just what was in the picture.  You want Safe Mode.

Edited by dc3, 24 August 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#12 FatKitty94

FatKitty94
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

My dear gentle sir-

Kudos for the chastise and I am grateful for any response at this point.  Please let me introduce myself a bit further.

When I say I am a newbie it does mean I am young and irresponsible.  The exact opposite is true.  I apologize for not being mindful at this time and place, of others.  Was not my intention to upset the apple cart.  I have been at this since 5:00 am PST and I have painful physical limitations when I use a computer.  Please accept my apologies as I normally would not behaive in this manner.  I learned computers (nominally before there was was internet and have not been online since 2004.

I got slapped down pretty good this morning (not by you) so when I can get back a better emotional and physical condition I will revisit the very good technical advice you have given and take it from there.

BTW I had a successful log on but things slowed to a crawl, so I logged off.  No error msgs.  I know how to do safe mode in Win7 but I thank you for the how to.  I do understand quite a bit about computers in general but am hopelessly out date.  My cell phone is also dangerously old and I barely use it.  I thank you for being there for me.  A kind person found online is not common.  The world would be a better place if people were just a tad kinder.

On a personal note, I am a NorCal former resident myself.  I consider it my home, though the Trinity Mnts. is my preference.  I just happen to be stuck in a god-for-saken city elsewhere.  Someday...

Again, I thank you for your time & expertise.  I'll say "hello" sometime when circumstances have improved.  Peace be with you.

Edited by FatKitty94, 24 August 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,470 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

My wife and I both are disabled, so I can relate with physical limitations.  I hope your acute situation gets better soon.

I never know what a persons knowledge base is when I first start working with them, so unless their topic indicates a working knowledge of computers I will always start out with simple directions.  Obviously you do have some computer knowledge, this will make my job easier.

I hope you will return soon and allow us to help resolve your issue, it could be a simple problem with a quick repair.  Then again... :whistle:

Kindest regards,

Dan  

#14 FatKitty94

FatKitty94
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

Sorry, screwed up again. Trying to answer moderator when...oh, never mind. Body falling apart. Gotta do this later.

Edited by FatKitty94, 24 August 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#15 FatKitty94

FatKitty94
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

Merged topics.

Please...exercise some patience...provide detailed info which is requested...and members will try to assist you.

As much as our volunteers would like to assist...posting the same situation multiple times...doesn't help us to help you.

We are not a fast-food franchise...for "answers to computer problems", so patience will get you a lot farther...than saying the same thing over and over again in different topics you start.

Thanks for understanding :).

Louis

Thank you.  Info assimilated...attitude adjusted.   Will reply another time as my body is falling apart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users