Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant remove spy hunter no matter what i do

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 mixedup58

mixedup58

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

Hi I have a gateway 64/32 bit computer laptop, I have malware bytes on here and I have Microsoft security essentials as my virus remover, when I go on the 64 bit side spy hunter loads, and I click out of it and scan the computer with malware bytes, sometimes I find pups and they drive me nuts.       Well I went to task manager, and stopped the process of spy hunter, and it still loads at start up, it wont delete when I go to my programs to delete, it wont leave, help me please this computer is only 2 yrs old  thank you its very late now it's 3:30A.M here now and I am going to try and sleep, please tell me what to do next thank you all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

Hello mixedup -

Please help us with a bit more information .........

Download Security Check by Screen317
* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Download MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop and run it.
Now close any Firefox browsers you may have open while you Reset FF Proxy Settings
Checkmark the following boxes:
• Flush DNS
• Report IE Proxy Settings
• Reset IE Proxy Settings
• Report FF Proxy Settings
• Reset FF Proxy Settings
• List content of Hosts
• List IP configuration
• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files
 Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt).

Scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus for while you do the scan -
1. Hold down Control and click HERE to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
2. Click the ESET Online Scanner button.
3. NOTE :.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

- 1. Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- 2. Double click on the ESET Online Scanner icon on your desktop.

4. Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
 5. Click the Start button.
 6. Accept any security warnings from your browser.
 7. Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
8. Click Advanced settings and select the following:
Scan potentially unwanted applications
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology

9. ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this will take some time to download the program for a first time, and then download updated data base (1 to 2  hours is not unusual)
10. When the scan completes, click List Threats
11. Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan.
- Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
12. Click the Back button.
13. Click the Finish button
Or you can find a report at  C:\Program Files\esetonlinescanner\log.txt.

Please Download TDSSkiller
Launch it.
Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file system
Click on "Scan".
Please post the LOG report (log file should be in your C drive)

Do not change the default options on scan results.

Thank You -

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

The current Enigma (Spy Hunter) site comes up with a Red Warning on my ratings, so no direct links to that site will be provided by me -

Spy Hunter was actually a complete fraud ! ! They took money and provided no real services.
This was revealed back between 2006 and 2008 by several private people, and Antivirus programs.
Enigma (parent company) was forced to repay many "fake subscriptions" since that time.

Try this first > Fix problems with programs that can't be installed or uninstalled
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

SpyHunter does not have a functioning uninstall procedure, so in order to completely remove the software from your computer you will need to manually delete it and then remove the registry entry it creates.

Try M/soft solution first, then use These Instructions :
1. Navigate to your computer's Start menu. Click on the "Control Panel" button.
Scroll down through the list of options and double-click the icon named "Programs and Features."
2. Click on the tab at the top of the window labeled "Name" to arrange the list of programs alphabetically.
Use the scroll bar at the left side of the window to scroll down to the "S" section.
3. Locate the "SpyHunter" entry in the list of programs installed on your computer's hard drive.
Click on the entry and then click on the "Uninstall" button at the top of the window.
4. Click on the "Continue" button if your operating system asks for permission to remove the software from your computer.
Wait for the uninstall procedure to finish and then return to the Start menu.
5. Click on the "Search" feature. Type the word "regedit" into the Search box and press the Enter key.
Double-click the registry editor when it appears in the list of search results.
6. Press the "Ctrl" and "F" keys at the same time to load the registry editor's search box.
Type "SpyHunter" into the box and press Enter.
7. Right-click the registry entry that will show up in the search results and choose "Delete" to finish removing the SpyHunter program from your computer.

These were the 2 most simple versions to use from what I searched.

The only other option is Revo Uninstaller (Free Version) - See below -

¦ Please download and install Revo Uninstaller Free
¦ Double click Revo Uninstaller to run it.
¦ From the list of programs double click on The Program to Remove
¦ When prompted if you want to uninstall, click Yes.
¦ Be sure the Moderate option is selected then click Next.
¦ The program will run. If prompted again click Yes
¦ When the built-in uninstaller is finished click on Next.
¦ Once the program has searched for leftovers click Next.
¦ Check/tick the bolded items only on the list then click Delete
¦ When prompted click on Yes and then on Next.
¦ Put a check on any folders that are found and select Delete
¦ When prompted select Yes then on next
¦ Once done click Finish.

You can keep the Free Revo Tool, but copy these directions to Notepad or similar -

Thanks -

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

See Uninstall SpyHunter .

Louis

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

Add or Remove Programs entry for SpyHunter. SpyHunter is an antispyware program by Enigma Software Group. It was once listed as a rogue application on the Rogue anti-spyware program list.

Note : "It was once listed as a rogue application", < < and it still is by some programs -

Edited by noknojon, 24 August 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#6 mixedup58

mixedup58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:41 AM

I'am sorry I read this so late but I will work on it Monday if that is fine, I will have the whole day?   That's upsetting to know people are out there like this. We trust most antimalware's and it show's you cant thank you so so much mixedup58

#7 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

WOT still ranks This link =>"See Uninstall SpyHunter ".as dangerous site, regardless.

Use it if you wish, but Personally only I would not, as I installed my security for a reason.

Thank You -

#8 Golden-Boy

Golden-Boy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:49 PM

Hello Louis,

I don't know how, but I recent;y downloaded SpyHunter.  Big mistake!  I think now my computer has a virus.  Quite often now when I open a new webpage, it gets redirected to pages like 

www.newpoptab.etc

So I have Super Antispyware, and I have run it a few times.  It seems to detect a few threats, fixes them, but the problem comes back.  I just did a complete scan with panda security, but it said everything is fine when it most clearly is not.  My computer is running pretty slowly now :(

Also, when I go to C:\Program Files - there is an Enigma Software folder there containing Spyhunter, but it won't let me delete it.  It says when I try that it cannot because the folder or a file in the folder is open!

Help! What do I do?

Is this going to cost me a lot of money to heal my computer?

Thanks for any help.

#9 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:04 AM

Hi Golden-Boy,

I suggest that you open a new topic in Am I Infected? and let someone look at your computer. If there are any infections they will take care of it.

#10 Golden-Boy

Golden-Boy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:13 PM

Hi Golden-Boy,

I suggest that you open a new topic in Am I Infected? and let someone look at your computer. If there are any infections they will take care of it.

Thank you Alex.

I just created a new thread in that forum, and tried to make the title summarize the issue.  I am happy if someone would be willing to take a look my computer, although this problem may be too great for anyone to solve!  I am thinking maybe I need to buy a new computer because this one clearly has a malware/virus issue.

#11 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 49,945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:45 PM

Since you resurrected a topic over two years old and have now posted for assistance in another forum...this topic will be closed.
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Windows Insider MVP 2017
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users