Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Svhost playing audio ads, Bsod when I run antivirus, suddenly slow computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Th0mis

Th0mis

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hello. I am having virus and/or malware troubles. When I log into windows everything runs very slow (even before I log in actually) and after awhile a bunch of invisible chrome windows start playing overlapping ads. In task manager I can see a bunch of chrome.exes popping up as well as svhosts.exes. I can stop the ads by selecting the most memory intensive svhost and terminating it, though I tend to get a bsod shortly after that. After uninstalling chrome the audio ads still happen, a bunch of svhosts happen but no more chrome exes. I can turn off the sound of the ads in the volume mixer and the chan is listed as "host process for windows services". I've ran scans with avira, malwarebytes, and avg (trying avast next) and they all result in a bsod halfway through the scans. I've successfully ran them in safe mode without bsods though bsods still happen in safe mode with networking. After running both malwarebytes and avg in safemode and restarting and logging in normally I got a bsod quickly that said "iqnl not less or equal" (hardware issue?).

Logged back in after the iqnl bsod without an immediate blue screen.
Btw, two weeks ago I realized something was up with my computer when I got sudden ransomware (FBI moneypak virus thing that tries to turn on my camera and lock me out). I ran Hitman pro and though it no longer tries to lock me out, when I log into windows I now get errors about dlls failing to load (nacl64.dll and rw32core.dll).

I'm sort of in panic mode since I'm missing days of work because of this. Any help is greatly appreciated

Edited by hamluis, 24 August 2013 - 10:37 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Th0mis

Th0mis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

None of the scans seem like they do anything. I ran avast in safemode and got another bsod. "stop: 0x0000001e (0cFfffffffc0000005, 0xffffa8008d9b3ef, 0x0000000000000000, 0x00000000ffa003c)"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users