Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avast and Firefox update blocked, virus or Window Update issue?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FluffyPup

FluffyPup

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

Window 7 x64 pc with Avast virus

Notice the issue yesterday, not sure how long it might have been affecting Firefox.

Yesterday, Avast could no longer access server to update.  Went to Avast website to manually download virus file.  Said it was up to date.  After two days, I highly doubt it is still upto date.  Tried downloading a fresh copy of the software and reinstalling.  No change.

Now I just noticed Firefox also can not access anything and when I try to update it, it says it is up to date.  I have version 22.00, not the current 23.  Don't know how long it has been blocked from updating.  Didn't find anything to improve the problem in thier troubled shooting area.  Tried downloading new copy of Firefox..... and download failed.

Two days ago, I downloaded a Windows update, classified as Critical.

I do have another computer running on the same internet connection.  It appears to be fine and has to current Firefox version.

Is this a virus or a result of the Window's update?

Thanks for your help!

FP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FluffyPup

FluffyPup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

I forgot to say, Internet Explorer and other programs are working just fine.  No issues accessing anything on the internet.  The only problems,  appear to be Firefox and Avast unable to connect to server.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users