Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All Browser Quit Running

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 prough91

prough91

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

My browser will be working just fine and then just quit.  It will let me type on the page and even post what I type.  It will just not go to a different site.  It does this on all my browsers.  I have internet connection and I am about to go nuts trying to figure out what is wrong.  All the other programs work just fine.  Thanks in advance for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

What happens when you try to go to a different site, say go from here to the Google home page?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 prough91

prough91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

It will act like it's trying to.  It will circle and at the bottom it will say "waiting for google" or whichever site I'm going to.  I tweaked the settings on my uTorrent hoping it will fix it, but I don't know yet.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

What browser are you using?

Have you tried another browser?

When you try to go to a different website are you redirected to a different website?

On a side note...  downloading torrents is about the quickest way to get infected.  You are sharing files from other computer which can and often are infected, so you download that as well.  I would stay away from p2p downloads.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 magnumpi

magnumpi

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

can you run system restore back to a date when things were running ok  ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users