Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Junkware Cleaner is removing LEGITIMATE programs and plug-ins!!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Moltres Rider

Moltres Rider

• Banned
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

I ran Adwcleaner, Junkware cleaner, Malwarebytes Anti-rootkit, and ComboFix to try to fine tune my laptop... they all worked fine EXCEPT Junkware cleaner!!!!!! it REMOVED TWO LEGITIMATE programs!!!!!!!! one I purchased from an official site that has a positive WOT (Web of Trust) rating!!!! HAD TO REINSTALL!!!!! but now my serial number for that program DOESN'T WORK because it has already been used!!!!!! I HAD to contact their support regarding my now not working serial number!!!!!!!! and also, it REMOVED a LEGITIMATE Firefox plug-in called Imikimi which ALSO has a positive WOT rating and an EXCELLENT support system when there is a problem!!!!!!!!

JUNKWARE CLEANER IS REMOVING HARMLESS APPS!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS NEED TO PROVIDE AN OPTION TO BYPASS CERTAIN APPS YOU WANT TO KEEP!!!! AND/OR REMOVE THESE LEGITIMATE PROGRAMS FROM THE DELETE LIST!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

We apologize you're having issues with the application. I've notified the developer of your topic here. Could you please provide the specific application names that were inadvertently removed in error? This information will help the developer.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

Also, when using any of these utilitys, caution should be exercised.

Take CCleaner as an example, it works fine, but just stay away from the registry cleaning function.

I have had other utilitys tell me that many of my drivers were out of date, and when I updated them I ran into nothing but trouble, and had to do a system restore.

Sometimes the best advice is "if it aint broke don't fix it".

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,953 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

JRT should have created a log file named JRT.txt that opened after using it and saved a copy to your Desktop. Please copy and paste the contents of JRT.txt in your next reply for thisisu to review.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 Moltres Rider

Moltres Rider
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

Imikimi is legitimate and the pro version of Wondershare Photo collage is legitimate (now if you have the free version, that's a different story) both these legitimate apps were removed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu
Version: 5.5.4 (08.22.2013:1)
Ran by Justin RPG on Fri 08/23/2013 at 11:28:56.99

~~~ Services

~~~ Registry Values

~~~ Registry Keys

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\yt.ytnavassistplugin
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\yt.ytnavassistplugin.1
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\dt soft\daemon tools toolbar
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\apnstub_rasapi32
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\apnstub_rasmancs
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Toolbar.CT3074349
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Toolbar.CT3106518
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\AskHomePage_RASAPI32
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\AskHomePage_RASMANCS
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\AskInstallChecker-1_RASAPI32
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\AskInstallChecker-1_RASMANCS
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\AskInstallChecker_RASAPI32
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\AskInstallChecker_RASMANCS
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\conduittoolbarinstaller_RASAPI32
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\conduittoolbarinstaller_RASMANCS
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{180780f0-b348-4b44-8210-94a8f3ee15b2}

~~~ Files

~~~ Folders

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files\imikimi"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files\wondershare"

~~~ FireFox

Successfully deleted the following from C:\Users\Justin RPG\AppData\Roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\yjykorwg.default\prefs.js

user_pref("socialfixer.100000494517633/cached_content/donate_pagelet", "{\"expires_on\":1364829736510,\"content\":\"<div style=\\\"background-color:#ffffcc;border:1px solid #c
Emptied folder: C:\Users\Justin RPG\AppData\Roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\yjykorwg.default\minidumps [566 files]

~~~ Event Viewer Logs were cleared

Scan was completed on Fri 08/23/2013 at 11:32:18.45
End of JRT log

legitimate programs:

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files\imikimi"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files\wondershare"

#6 Moltres Rider

Moltres Rider
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:46 AM

I POSTED THE LOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYBODY????????????????????????????????????????

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,953 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:14 AM

As far as I am aware, JRT does not create backups of what was removed. You can try using System Restore to return to previous state or be patient and wait for the developer who may have another suggestion.

Staff members and Security Experts are all volunteers who assist members as time permits. No one is paid for their work or assistance to members of our community. We have jobs in the real world, families and other commitments so we are not always logged into the forums on a daily basis.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#8 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

Hello,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I have removed all "Wondershare" and "imikimi" related entries from the tool. I will upload a new version soon.

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users