Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Youtube App Problem - Won't Let Me Sign In

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guybrush3pwood

Guybrush3pwood

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

I updated to the newest version of youtube on my ipad, and when I tried to sign in, I keep getting an “authentication error.” I’ve restarted the app, restarted the ipad, removed and reinstalled the app, and it’s the same thing every time. I’m 100% sure I’m entering it correctly, and yet, I always get that error.

Any ideas what this might be?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

Youtube application, both iOS and Android is reverse enginerring. It became worse after any update, for my case, I cannot even open the app. I think you use the version the come wih iPad until they fix the problem.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#3 Guybrush3pwood

Guybrush3pwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

Not sure what you mean. There's only one option for youtube. The one that I have no that isn't working is the one that comes with the ipad.

#4 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

Sorry, I never use iOS so idk how it works, but in my case I need to use factory reset just to access the program.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#5 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

I updated to the newest version of youtube on my ipad, and when I tried to sign in, I keep getting an “authentication error.” I’ve restarted the app, restarted the ipad, removed and reinstalled the app, and it’s the same thing every time. I’m 100% sure I’m entering it correctly, and yet, I always get that error.

Any ideas what this might be?

It sounds like there may be a bug with the new version. If so, you likely will have to wait until Google submits and Apple approves a fixed version.

The only alternative is to revert to the older version. This will only be possible (to my knowledge) if you sync your iPad with iTunes. If you do, then it is likely that the old version is still on the computer if the iPad has not been synced recently. And even if it has synced recently, the old app file might be in the Trash/Recycle Bin on the computer (I know that is what happens when a new version of an app is either downloaded to iTunes or synced from a device on a Mac...the Trash on my Mac has a BUNCH of old version of iOS apps). And even if you have emptied the Trash/Recycle Bin, you could find an old version in your computer's backup (you do backup your computer, right?!? ;) ).

If you have an old version of the app, then just delete the current version from the iPad and the computer (if you have synced after the new version was installed). Then put the old version back in the proper place on the computer and sync the iPad. That should put the old version back.

#6 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

I think you use the version the come wih iPad until they fix the problem.

With the release of iOS 6, Apple stopped "including" a YouTube app. If you are running iOS 6, then the only option on an iOS device is to download and install the YouTube app released by Google from the App Store.

#7 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

The Google YouTube app isn't very good to be honest. Try some 3rd party YouTube apps, you will be surprised to see the variety. Personally I use MxTube, but it is all a matter of personal preference,

Unofficial iOS Genius

#8 sundavis

sundavis

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,708 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

Try your google e-mail adress & password, not the YouTube username.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users