Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stop Scripts Running Messages when browser is closed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Thaisamused

Thaisamused

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

I'm running windows 7 on my laptop and I've been having random script running messages when I'm not using my browser.

I've run spybot and there are always the same errors within internet explorer, which I uninstalled some time ago.

During startup, I've had to wait almost 20 minutes. (It is a bit faster in safe mode)

How do I go about fixing this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:29 AM

You can't uninstall Internet Explorer so what did you really do?

#3 Thaisamused

Thaisamused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

Well then, you tell me. I went to the uninstall programs page, from the control panel, and clicked on the internet explorer icon.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

IE just rolls back to the previous version. A guy came to BC a while back and he wanted to uninstall IE. He ignored several warning messages and tried to uninstall IE anyway and he turned his PC into an expensive doorstop. You're not supposed to be able to uninstall IE and trying to actually do it will mess up your PC. So what did you do?

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

If you are getting error messages about java script...then you probably need to examine your browser settings.

There is absolutely nothing you can do about script errors (since they occur on a given webpage)...other than to disable the warning message.

Since you claim to not be using IE...what browser are you using?

I would suggest that uninstall Spybot and use something else in its stead.  If you have Tea-Timer enabled, it has been known to cause avoidable system problems.

http://www.technibble.com/how-to-stop-internet-explorer-script-error-messages/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users