Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Screen After Installing NVIDIA Video Drivers.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TGIMike

TGIMike

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

Hello thar! I recently got my new graphics card GeForce GT620  ECS and installed it into my computer. Everything was okay until i installed NVIDIA drivers so i could run games. (PS it wouldn't let me play any games it kept saying i had an invalid video card so i ofc installed nvidia drivers to see if that would help.) So it told me i had to reboot my pc. So i did. And after it got past the loading screen when it says Windows my monitor screen went BLANK. It then said something about couldn't find a video signal. monitor going to sleep. I know am using this computer with no NVIDIA drivers but i cannot play any games more thank likely due to that. PLZ HELP! Thanks in advance! -Mike

Edited by TGIMike, 22 August 2013 - 10:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:20 AM

Hi

Please try the below steps.

:step1: Press F8 during powering on to bring the advanced startup menu. 

:step2: Choose Safe mode from the menu and press enter key to boot to it.

windows-8-Safe-Mode-Select.png

:step3: Uninstall the current Nvidia driver from Control Panel --> Programs and reboot the system.

:step4: Download and install the latest driver from the below link.

http://www.nvidia.in/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-in

Once the driver setup completes, choose to restart the system manually. Now set the system resolution and refresh rate to the native values of your monitor. For example , 1366 x 768 60 Hz. Restart the system and check how it works.

#3 TGIMike

TGIMike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for the reply but i got a black screen when i did that. :wink:

EDIT: I use Driver Sweeper btw for deleting my drivers  if it that will be helpful in the future or something :P

Edited by TGIMike, 23 August 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

Hi

The card or the motherboard PCI -Express interface might be faulty. Unplug the card and use on-board VGA port for testing. If that works fine, you need to plug the card to another working machine to check whether it is faulty or not.

#5 TGIMike

TGIMike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

Hi

The card or the motherboard PCI -Express interface might be faulty. Unplug the card and use on-board VGA port for testing. If that works fine, you need to plug the card to another working machine to check whether it is faulty or not.

I'm sorry i'm not to grand at computers so could you possibly explain what on-board vga testing is? Thanks!

#6 TGIMike

TGIMike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

Sorry for the double post but i do not think it is the card because i can use the card i just can't add NVIDIA drivers but I will try anyways once i do VGA port testing. 

EDIT: The card was also brand new out of the box yesterday.

Edited by TGIMike, 23 August 2013 - 11:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users