Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Viewing Windows 7 explorer history

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ayuro123

ayuro123

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

Hi. Someone restored my ipod and deleted all the info on it. Is it possible to view Windows Explorer history to see when the itunes program was accessed similar to viewing history in a browser. If I can view the history I may be able to tell who was using the computer at the time by comparing it to the browser history where i can see who loged in to their email adresses, etc.

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,546 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

And what are you going to do if you find out who had this mishap ?  I know 'revenge is a dish best eaten cold' but also 'Vengeance is Mine, sayeth The Lord'

I don't think Explorer has such a history, it's purely for recent searches. I think you would be better just biting the bullet and re-installing your music, videos etc. to your iPod. Probably quicker as well !

Chris Cosgrove

#3 wing987

wing987

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

your event view might have saved it, provided this function was started. If it is your personal computer this will not tell you much other than the time iTunes was accessed. However it is unlikely that the event viewer would be set up on a personal machine for that level of scrutiny.

-- Windows 7 Ultimate on custom built system, Windows 10 on under powered laptop. Sophos UTM 9, Ubuntu Server and Windows Server 2008 R2. HyperV Virtualization --

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality," John F. Kennedy

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:33 PM

From {view Windows Explorer history} in Google

Best answer I found was - A good shot in Windows7 Forums but, if you Join the forum, the view is expanded much better -

If talking about viewing history in Internet Explorer 8? If so, Ctrl+Shift+H should show it to you.

Well said Sheldon - 'revenge is a dish best eaten cold' : But you need the Klingon translation

bortaS bIr jablu’DI’ reH QaQqu’ nay’ (English version of a Klingon Translation)  :wink:

Edited by noknojon, 23 August 2013 - 07:49 PM.

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,546 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

We're heading off-topic here, but the Klingons always were an unforgiving race !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users