Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer keeps shutting down for no reason!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 flowerbebe84

flowerbebe84

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 18 November 2004 - 07:11 PM

When i turn on my laptop, I am able to get to my desktop. But then, some ms-dos window pops up and says something like my account is about to shut down. However, i am able to stop the shut down if i am able to close the ms-dos window in time, my computer doesn't turn off. How could i get rid of this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bear

Bear

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 18 November 2004 - 07:41 PM

Could be The MS Blaster Worm or The Sasser Worm check the links and if you are infected with either worm follow the instructions for removal. HTH
Posted Image

My System Specs

Comptia A+, Network + & MCP certified.

#3 mangosteen

mangosteen

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 23 November 2004 - 08:01 AM

Yes, I agree with Bear. I think your computer is infected with virus too.

Some time back, everytime I surfed the net. after some time, a little windows saying something about RPC (Remote Procedure Call) would appear and shut down my computer within a time frame. And I couldn't stop it.

I had to use another computer asking around what is RPC (I didn't know of this great bleepingcomputer site at that time) and was directed to Norton. Got the fix, ran it in my computer and that settled the problem. By the way, my virus was W32_Blaster_Worm.
Let's stay happy and healthy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users