Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Low Memory

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Pamela218

Pamela218

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

Please help...I just bought my computer in December. It is a Toshiba Satellite C855 - Intel® Core™ i3-3110M CPU @2.40GHz...Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.89 GB usable)...64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor...

I am getting a message that says something to the effect of "Low Memory using internet explorer or Yahoo messenger"...it has started shutting down my computer...I don't have a lot of stuff on my computer so I don't know Why I am getting this message already....Can someone please help me get my computer running back like new...Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Judith1314

Judith1314

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:42 AM

Which drive do you install the Internet Explorer or Yahoo Messenger? Does this drive already full?

#3 Pamela218

Pamela218
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:15 AM

It is on my C: drive and it has Total size: 455GB Free space: 400GB

#4 Judith1314

Judith1314

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:31 AM

Sounds likely causes:

1.spyware/malware

2.memory leaking application

PS: Did you run other program when you open Internet Explorer?

#5 Pamela218

Pamela218
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

I have windows defender that has not detected on spyware/malware.  How do I check for a memory leaking application?  And usually no nothing else is running when I run windows Explorer.

#6 RDanielGR

RDanielGR

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

I would suggest running task manager (press ctrl-shift-esc) to check the running proccesses. If a proccess seems to take a lot of memory, and the amount of memory used gets larger over relatively short time, then it could be a memory leaking app.

Of course, spyware/malware is also a possible explanation.

#7 Pamela218

Pamela218
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

What do I do about a memory leaking App?

#8 RDanielGR

RDanielGR

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Well, usually in such a case i would install an updated version that fixes the memory leakage, or i would uninstall the app and replace it with another one.

#9 Pamela218

Pamela218
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

Ok so I guess I don't understand because the message says internet explorer is using to much memory and I have the updated version of it...Most of the time when I go to Task Manager it is Internet Explorer and runtime broker that is using the most memory...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users